Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Advertising Tiki

Pages: 1 0 replies

P

I am not sure where it is most appropriate to post this, so I figured I would start here.

Advertising Tiki

I debated about whether to do this or not. Don’t want to impose anything on my Tiki Ohana, but then again, more than an imposition it might be something of mutual benefit.

Many of you know that I do this crazy drum and bugle corps thing. It takes a lot of money to field a corps, and since it is mostly a youth activity there is a lot of fundraising involved. The non-profit organization that sponsors and raises funds for my corps, Dream Association of California, also raises funds for a junior corps (kids under 21) and will this year be sponsoring our own show. The show has a program, and selling advertising in the program is one of the ways funds are raised.

Anyway, the advertising will be used in ALL the programs for all the shows in Southern California and will be seen by over 2000 people in SoCal this summer, and I think that is a low estimate. Last years Tour of Champions show packed the Rose Bowl! There is advertising potential here.

Any of you who have businesses selling tiki stuff have an opportunity to reach customers who you may not have reached before. The programs will be used in shows from Ventura County to San Diego and east to Riverside. Drum corps fans support those who support the drum corps activity. Advertising rates are reasonable: a business card size ad is $75. A full page ad is $350. For any tiki vendors who might be interested in getting your ad in front of new customers, I will have ad forms with me at Tiki Oasis. Let me know and I’ll get one to you. You will also have my undying gratitude.

Mahalo.

Pages: 1 0 replies