Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

SoCal Tiki Tour booklet - free at Oasis

Pages: 1 24 replies

Z

I have complied a booklet (nothing fancy here) of about 50 tiki places that I know of around Southern California (bars, restaurants, hotels, motels and apartment complexes). Most of the listings are for apartment complexes. I've visited at least half of them in person and am slowing checking them off the list each time I get out to LA. I'll be bringing out about 30 copies for anyone who is interested. The best part is that they are free, just sharing the info with anyone who wants to do some exploring on their own. Just find me at the Oasis (LOL yeah right), I'll be in on Friday night. I'll wear a nametag with my TC handle and have my 3 year old daughter with me. Just introduce yourself say hey and you'll get a copy. Here is a copy of the front page.

and here is the map (the booklet contains a listing, addresses and some pictures for each of the finds)

[ Edited by: ZuluMagoo on 2005-05-03 22:29 ]

B

I'll be lookin for ya........

Nice booklet! Soon to be a collector's item I am sure! Will look for you with daughter in tote!

H

For those of us who live in LA and are not going to Tiki Oasis, the term "chopped liver" comes to mind.

Hey Zulu,

I'd love to get a copy and also one for my friend Hiltiki back home if that's ok with you?

H

I'll be looking for you too. Thanks for the heads up!

M

that is ZAZZ!!! I hope i find you before they are all gone! When are you arriving??

thanks for searching me out at Oasis, and thanks for the great booklet!!! ZAZZ!

Hey Zulu. It was nice meeting you and thank you so much for the very nice booklet!

Hi Zulu,
Sorry we did not connect at Oasis.
Anyway, can I pay for shipping to receive your book?
Just wonderin,
Unga

Zulu! many thanks for the booklet! i love the map (big print!) you must have gone through a bunch of print cartridges!

i'll remember to pack it in the extra suitcase we bring on trips (its filled with bubble wrap and packing tape ~ "just in case" we have Tiki Finds)

it was great meeting you and chatting a bit.. it looks like i missed about half of the Tiki Central people!! i think we need a mug shot book, for easier identification!

thanks again,
elicia

When I got home from Oasis, I still had 5 or 6 copies left. They are available for anyone interested, just pm me.

On a side note, my wife daughter and I stayed out in SoCal for an additional week after Oasis for vacation. I was able to explore a few more of the listings in the booklet. I posted the apartment complexes in the Locating Tiki Forum, but here is a shortcut.

#23 in the guide - Kona Gardens Apartments in Garden Grove
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=14672&forum=2&1

#24 in the guide - Kona Kai Apartments in Westminster
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=14673&forum=2&0

Boo Hooo! I missed out on getting a book during Tiki Oasis. Does anyone know how I can get one now??

The list so far...

#1 Unga
#2 WooHoo
#3 TikiKate
#4 UtopianDreem

still a few more

[ Edited by: ZuluMagoo on 2005-05-17 19:34 ]

Mahalo for the booklet! Great meeting you at Oasis. I've really enjoyed perusing the info and the artisitic flair you put into it. Your passion for tiki shines through in this remarkable resource.

-Weird Unc

H

ZuluMagoo, please read your PM.

J

I sent you a PM as well...

S

Probably, way too late, but hey, why not- I sent you one too!

T

Zulu,

Is this something that could be uploaded/downloaded and printed?

Mahalos to follow,

TB

WooHoo! I recieved my booklet in the mail today. Soccer Tiki and I can't wait to start exploring all the sites. :)

T

Mine arrived yesterday. It's fantastic. Thank you so much Zulu.

Thanks ZuluMagoo!

Great job on the booklet. I'm looking forward to going on an expedition :)

Yes Zulu, thank you vey much.
You did a great job!

Zulu, I got your book in the mail today. Dude, you ROCK. Awesome book full of stuff I didn't even know existed in my own backyard. Thanks for passing one my way!

Pages: 1 24 replies