Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Hearts of Hawaii

Pages: 1 2 replies

When I lived in Hawaii I got a tape out of the Kaneohe library called "Hearts of Hawaii" which was also the name of the band, I think. It was a mutimember band, both male and female singers. I made a copy of the tape and still have it but it is getting old (played a million times) Pretty jazzy on some tracts, not "Traditional Hawaiian" music really although some of the lyrics are in Hawaiian and Tahitian, even some lines in French. I have Googled the title and got nothing. Has anyone else ever heard of this group? If so how can I get their CDs?

OK OK at 52 my memory is going. I did another search on Mele.com under the title of one of the songs on the tape "Lady of Samoa' and the group is a family called AHIA.
Hearts of Hawaii must have been the other tape I got out of the Kaneohe library. It was released in 1994. Unfortunately it is out of print. If you can find it, it is perfect lounge music.

N

OK,OK I screwed up again. I did a nother gogle search and found a fantastic website that carry's Ahia's alblum and also found out it is not Hearts of Hawaii but Hawaiian Heart, Sweet Lahian Nights
so for hard to find , out of print Hawaiian music I recomend
http://www.portparadise.com

Pages: 1 2 replies