Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Looking for a certain Key chain for Father's Day.. Can you help?

Pages: 1 16 replies

Hello,
I just found this message board while looking for information on Google.I hoped it would be OK for me to post a question here.If it is not, then I sincerely apologize.

I am searching for a tiki keychain.I believe it was made by "Coco Joe's".The tiki was face only, black, and had red rhinestone eyes.I apologize for the vague description, I really do not know any other way to describe it.

My Husband purchased this keyring when he was a young boy living in Hawaii. He carried as a keychain for years, and eventually hung it from his rearview mirror.

Our first son was absolutely fascinated with the tiki. When my husband changed shifts at his job, and was going to be spending more hours away from our son, he gave him the tiki to hang on to for him.

Well, soon after, the Tiki was lost. It has been ten years since the key chain was lost, and my husband still mentions it quite often. I would love to be able to replace it for him, for Father's Day.

I have been searching the Internet. I can't seem to find another one like it. Does anyone have any advice on where I can look? I would love to even just see a photo of it again.

Thank you so much for your help. -Anna

[ Edited by: Moongazer on 2005-05-05 00:32 ]

K
Kono posted on Thu, May 5, 2005 6:44 AM

You should just keep looking on ebay. You may not find it by this Father's Day but you'll probably find it eventually. Here are some, none of which exactly matches your description, but just to give you an idea:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=29460&item=3972428631&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3628&item=6530275078&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=12&item=7319655751&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

OL

I bought this one on e-bay. I removed the keychain part and wear it as a pendant on a necklace.

Thank you so much! Thank you for the links to the auctions.I will be sure to keep checking on Ebay.Even if I am unable to get one by Father's Day, I would love to be able to replace it whenever I can.

Thank you so much for the photo! That is the exact one.It is terrific too see it again.It looks exactly as I remember.Thank you so so much for sharing.

Thanks everyone- Anna

B

Moongear, Welcome to TC. We are always here for answers and questions, Sometimes we have more questions than answers though. If you don't find it and if you could dig up a picture of it, I'm sure one of our artists could make one for you. Good luck with your quest.

Thank you everyone.

Thank you Benzart, I will keep that option in mind.I had never even thought of that, thank you.

For now, I am still searching.

H
hewey posted on Mon, May 16, 2005 2:33 AM

Moongazer, good luck with your ebay search. Hopefully, that pic will help you find your "lava" tiki.

If not, a couple of people on here will be able to replicate it exactly from good photos, and for not much cash either. All you have to do is post a request and you'll get a response (like you have here). Then all you have to do is find some cheap jewels for the eyes.

Perhaps he has a favourite jewel, or colour, and you could personalise it! To me, this would mean as much (if not more) than if you got one on ebay. Again, good luck with whatever you choose to do.

If he loves tiki, point him in the direction of our site - he might get a kick out of it. Obviously, you run the risk of him finding this, so perhaps you should wait until you have got it and given it to him.

Hey Moongazer, send me your address and I'll send the keychain to you.

I got my ears pierced when I was a kid. My mom let me wear her favorite earrings that her mother had given her. They were little silver-and-turquoise thunderbirds. I immediately lost one, and it took me at least 14 years to find an exact replacement. I felt so bad when I lost the earring, and I'm sure your son felt bad also. This keychain obviously means more to your family than it does to my collection, and I'm happy to give it to you.

Ookoolady comes through once again! I am in awe of your generosity! I have been the recipient of your good will and if I had any say I'd be putting you on the fast track for beatification! :)

Ookoo Lady,
I don't even know what to say.You have no idea how much this means to me.I can't possibly accept your Tiki without something in return.I will message you and maybe we can work something out.
I have the picture you posted saved on my computer.My oldest son and I have enjoyed just being able to see the Tiki again.It holds so many dear memories.
Thank you so very, very much for your kind offer. Sincerely, Anna

B

Yeay, Yeay Ookoo Lady Strikes again. You make us all proud, Thanks..
HappyHappyHappy

Thanks to this wonderful, kind, generous, beautiful person, We will be able to give my husband this Tiki, ro replace his own beloved Tiki,for Father's Day this year.I have never known anyone with such a kind and giving heart.Thank you so much OokooLady.I do not believe it would have been possible without you.Thank you.

There are countless kind and generous people on this bulletin board. There are the expert artists, carvers, musicians, and collectors who give freely of their tips and advice. There are the party hosts (like Doctor Z and Alnshley) who give away hundreds of dollars worth of food and drinks. I have seen Humuhumu give away loads of beautiful vintage clothes, and she even gave away her car! Sabu has made numerous trips to Disneyland to get Pele mugs for everyone who wanted one. These are just a few of the acts of kindness that take place here regularly.

Wow, What an amazing and wonderful group of people you have here! I am so glad you all found each other.It is simply amazing how many great people there are out there.Thank you again.

I just wanted to let you all know that Father's Day was a HUGE success, Thanks to Ookoo Lady.

My husband was thrilled beyond words with his Tiki.I have never seen him so surprised! It meant the world to the kids and me to be able to give Tiki to him.

Tiki will forever be a cherished memeber of our family.Thank you Ookoo Lady, and thank you to everyone else who read this post, or offered helpful advice and kind words.Thank you all. -Anna

Way to go Ookoo!

TJ

Ookoo Lady is my hero! We are proud of you!
I feel all warm and fuzzy now. Thanks!

Pages: 1 16 replies