Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Book, Taboo: the Art of Tiki

Pages: 1 5 replies

W

Just wanted to let everyone know, this book, Taboo: The art of Tiki, which has been out of print for some time, is available at Amazon.com.

Specifically, violettxkiss has 20 some copies still available. Here is the link for Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0646377310/102-8957124-2420156?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance

Thought I would let every one know, as I had ordered this book not once but twice from Amazon and had the order cancelled for one reason or another. Anyhow, I contacted the seller and they have many copies of it.

It is a pretty intersting book about Tiki art.

Wesley Horton

Thanks for joining Tiki Central and helping keep us informed.

T

Taboo, the art of tiki, had a second book to come out after right? Does anyone know where to find a copy and have good words to say about the book.

On 2006-07-18 09:18, teaKEY wrote:
Taboo, the art of tiki, had a second book to come out after right? Does anyone know where to find a copy and have good words to say about the book.

No, because it never DID come out...The first one was a milestone, being the first nouveaux Tiki book published, but the follow up never happened. Instead, Martin McIntosh put out a Shag book and an excellent book on Beatnik pop culture, and Otto von Stroheim continued the Tiki Art book tradition with his Exhibition catalogues/books.

T

Thanks, thats probably why I didn't see it at Amazon. Although, it did have a name, and it did have a cover.

Yeah, they're pretty quick with offering books that are still unpublished. For a while, the early concept for the title and cover of my book was "In Search of Tiki", and even after it was out as the "Book of Tiki", the old title hung around on some websites, complete with the once planned Mark Ryden cover (just a copy of his Capitol CD cover as a mock up) and confused people for a while.

Pages: 1 5 replies