Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

New Mixed-Material Tiki Scene for SELL or TRADE

Pages: 1 8 replies

Here's my latest art/craft project...another FORLORN TIKI. This scene is made of a handful of materials:

:tiki:
The Forlorn Tiki is a green ink relief print on digitally printed "woodgrain" paper;
The sun is made from 2 sheets of oragami paper;
The blue sky background & sandy island foreground are pieces of felt;
This 8 inches by 8 inches scene is attached to a cardboard backing.
I reckon it's worth $2.00 plus $2.00 shipping to the U.S. or GBP1.50 plus GBP1.00 shipping in the U.K. However, TRADING is just as preferable as selling...so if ya got something that you feel is comparable to this simplistic project let me know.
Just email me if you're interesting:
[email protected]
Tiki Chris

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2002-10-24 03:10 ]

[ Edited by: tiki chris on 2002-10-24 11:40 ]

Tiki Chris,

Warning!!! Stand to the side!!!

MaD TiKi will be posting on the thread any moment!

"Multi-media" threw me off. Working in advertising, this word made me think of print, radio, tv, etc.. Maybe "Multi-material" would be the key word. Anyway, it would be interesting to see what the final trade would be.

SugarCaddyDaddy

On 2002-10-24 11:34, sugarcaddydaddy wrote:

"Multi-media" threw me off...

Yeah, I can see your point there. I meant, "Mixed-Media". Still, I could see how that might be misleading. So I changed the subject title to "Mixed-Material".

Good point.

Thanks,
Tiki Chris

M

It's cool, simple and understated. Well remember I'm not the art critic on here.
MaD-TiKi :evil:

Ok Mad-Tiki thats just so pleasant. You are scaring me now. Did you take Zyban?

MaD TiKi,

I think you may need to change your name to: sLiGhTlY aNnOyEd TiKi

Chris, I have to say, it's a bit too cheerful for me. If it was a tiki blanky for my baby, very nice! But hardly exotica. More cartoony.

Not that that's a bad thing - there's some that like the more cartoony tiki camp, and some that like the darker, more exotic side... I happen to be the latter. I know from prevous posts you are the former. But good luck to ya anyway! I wish only love on you all!

Cheers,
Tikifish

T

On 2002-10-24 13:52, MaD-TiKi wrote:
It's cool, simple and understated. Well remember I'm not the art critic on here.
MaD-TiKi :evil:

Is it me? Or is that statement an oxymoron?

Pages: 1 8 replies