Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

LA or San Fernando Valley TIKI

Pages: 1 11 replies

Hi all, my wife and I are going to Northridge in the San Fernando Valley and we would like to take mom to a TIKI oriented bar or restaurant. Any suggestions? We can even go into Beverly Hills and surrounding areas.
thanks so much!

take her to the Lucky Tiki in Van Nuys

H

Lucky Tiki is in Mission Hills, take her there on Sundays,music is better. However there is no food. Otherwise, TraderVic's in Beverly Hills has bar and dinning available and is totally Tiki.

I second Hiltiki's motion!! But - Bahooka in Rosemead is not TOO far - and less traffic to get to than going into Beverly Hills for a T.V. run!!

In the SF Valley there's also Damons in Glendale & Tonga Hut in North Hollywood. I'd say go to the Tonga Hut if you're Mom's a fan of Dive bars with no food, but Damon's might be worth a try.

D

You could take her to the Safari Room for dinner and then a quick trip over to the Lucky Tiki for drinks.

The Safari Room in on Devonshire, close to Devonshire/Sepulveda, near the 405/Devonshire exit. It is more of an african theme, but they have great steaks. The Lucky Tiki very close from there on only a few blocks down on Sepulveda & Chatworth.

On 2005-05-05 21:41, PapeToaTane wrote:
I second Hiltiki's motion!! But - Bahooka in Rosemead is not TOO far - and less traffic to get to than going into Beverly Hills for a T.V. run!!

Bahooka's has more tikis than Trader Vic's, and certainly is cheaper, but Trader Vic's serves far better tiki drinks in tiki mugs, tiki bowls, etc., whereas Bahooka's does not.

While most of Trader Vic's tikis are poles, there are (2) free standing tikis in the lounge, where I recommned you dine.

Your Mother alsom will find Trader Vics more comfortable than Bahooka's or Lucky Tiki, as it does offer certain elements of elegance.

On 2005-05-07 11:54, christiki295 wrote:

** >> Bahooka's has more tikis than Trader Vic's, and certainly is cheaper, but Trader Vic's serves far better tiki drinks in tiki mugs, tiki bowls, etc., whereas Bahooka's does not.

While most of Trader Vic's tikis are poles, there are (2) free standing tikis in the lounge, where I recommned you dine.

Your Mother alsom will find Trader Vics more comfortable than Bahooka's or Lucky Tiki, as it does offer certain elements of elegance.

Speaking of the Lucky Tiki ....DJ Lee will be "spinning wax" at the Oasis pool on Sunday - and will not be back for his regular Exotica gig. Anybody else planning on going anyway? Hiltiki?? I saw bar-wizard Suzy at the Fisherman show at the Lava Lounge - and she said that she was gonna "do something special" for us poor slob mainlanders who couldn't make it down to Oasis! I'll be there!!

H

PTT. being mothers day and all I am not sure, I will know last min. By the way Consilience mentioned Northridge and Bev. Hills, so I based my suggestions on that. Bahookas happenes to be my fav. spot on earth but too far...and I also love the Safari Room but it is not tiki...All these places are just great pick any and you will be happy...good luck...

T

Well, if you are up for a nice drive...Sam's Seafood in Huntington Beach is a MONDO Tiki experience.
More tikis than you can shake a grass skirt at.
Also, the Aloha Grill in HB is nice and the Food is great. The Hawaiian Drums...aka the best chicken wings I've ever eaten, are cheap for a huge portion and SOOO delicious !
Oh, and Damons is pretty awesome too,and not too far from the valley

[ Edited by: tikiyaki on 2005-05-08 00:26 ]

Thank you all for your suggestions... We went to bahooka's and it was a blast. Got there an hour early and they let us roam around and take pics. This place rocks. 125 fish tanks and we talked to the guy who sculpted the tiki poles. Again, thanks to everyone that responded.

Pages: 1 11 replies