Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Doing it up right in Kenosha, Wisconsin at The Rendezvous

Pages: 1 3 replies

Today I stopped by at this future tiki bar to drop off the order I have been working on for them. One of the partners was busy at work painting the mural that will fill one of the walls. A great space for the bar inside... cozy, dark and once it is done will be a great escape. Already there were stacks of tiki and island decor in a corner waiting for their home to be complete. Those who have visited the small Milwaukee lounges such as At Random and Bryants will find the same kind of atmosphere but this one will be tiki.

I'm looking forward to the opening... not only to see my decor in there but to see it all complete.
Plans are for the music and drinks to be exotic.

Mike is doing this one right by the book. BOT that is... which I found there among the inspiration pieces.

I hope to have photos to share soon within a month.

Hey Lake Surfer:when is that place in Kenosha going to open? It sounds (by yer lofty description) like a place worth a visit.

Are you close to there? I've hear that
Kenosha is kinda becomming a yuppie suburb of Racine....are there many establishments of the tiki sort in that neck of the woods and is it the object of many new establishments or mostly old places?

Open date? Sometime in June I suppose.

I don't know much about Kenosha... I live in Milwaukee... Are you from Southeast WI originally?

The owners are far from yuppies... just artists with a dream... and there are no tiki establishments for the most part in Southeast WI, except Foundation, which is light on the tiki

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-05-05 23:53 ]

T

On 2005-05-05 21:50, Lake Surfer wrote:
Those who have visited the small Milwaukee lounges such as At Random and Bryants will find the same kind of atmosphere but this one will be tiki.

Sounds PERFECT.
Make sure you give us as much heads up on the opening as possible so we can plan to be there.

Pages: 1 3 replies