Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Pages: 1 6 replies

T

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 06:59 ]

J
Jawa posted on Fri, May 6, 2005 10:55 AM

Yeah, I just saw them...after clicking your links...

Look like pretty good fakes, although I have no idea why people are bidding so high on them...$500??!?!?!

I reported the person, if you are going to sell fakes, at least make them affordable :wink:
Plus, I have 6 real Shags at home and I feel the need to preserve their integrity.

T
teaKEY posted on Fri, May 6, 2005 1:11 PM

six real shags. Now are those of canves. Or just one of many prints.

Sent a email to shagmart , got a big thanks for the heads up !

On 2005-05-06 10:55, Jawa wrote:
Plus, I have 6 real Shags at home and I feel the need to preserve their integrity.

To be honest, I really doubt that the value of your Shags are going to go down after people see this. The print is so well known to anyone with the slightest interest in Shag that knows that this is a blatant copy. Actually quite a good one at that - perhaps that's why it's going for it's current price. The Ryden ones are even better executed. Shag has been copied by bad artists so many times on eBay that the relatively good quality of these stand out.

If I was in charge of Shagmart, I'd be more concerned with people counterfeiting prints, wallets, and the like in large quantities.

Trader Woody

TR

I just checked them out and the fake "shags" are gone but the Rydens are still showing.

It's a shame these people couldn't use their talent to make something original. We'd have even more diversity in our world of Tiki.

Pages: 1 6 replies