Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My new bench..

Pages: 1 23 replies

R

After having 2 of my older carvings crack and split really bad I was ready to put the chisels down for awhile.

But after chatting with Benzart and Raff I decided to keep at it. Besides, its only wood and I learned something.

So here is my new bench wich is waiting for many coats of varnish and a place in my yard.

Thanks to all the talented artists that take time to leave C&C . It means lots and helps us rookies learn and grow.

Mahalo.

B

Looks really great Rodeo. What stain did you use, I like it dark like that.

Those are the coolest tiki's yet. I love that bench. You can't stop now....keep going ! Keep Going!

It turned out awesome, Ro-deo. Is that its final destination, or do you have some place else in mind?

Way cool! Keep them Coming!

SWEET.

'nuff said.

T

Rodeo... you have inspired me to build one! Thanks

Great work Rodeo! Nice stuff all around.

If your tikis split in half, please feel free to send both halves of afforementioned split tikis to me. I'll make sure they are disposed of properly.

R

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Ben, the stain was a dark mahagony, the pics look darker than it is.

Raff , I am thinking this may out back on our deck.

TikiGardner, I hope they dont split that bad, but your tops on my list. I did cut one in half and made a mask out of it.

Thantos, It was a fun project and I am thinking of making another.

Mahalo for looking.

Ono work there Rodeo... keep it up!
Love the stain color too!
Vintage-like.

Very cool rodeotiki... Great work!

B

Glad to see you finished! It turned out great. So...what's next?

T

I love the bench. I'm always trying to think of a new way to incorporate tiki into my backyard and this is a fantastic way to do it. Great idea!!

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 6:25 AM

So I'm guessing your glass is half full? :)

Good stuff

T

Thanks for the example!!!!! Yours looks great

WOW, they really did turn out nice, RT! What a great conversation piece for your backyard barbeques! So.... how about those big cedar logs????

Aaron

S
SES posted on Sat, May 14, 2005 5:58 AM

LOve those benches! Working on the dining room set next? :)

I absolutely love this. I like the idea of incorporating tikis into something actually functional like this, and it looks really perfect. What a great idea. And the extra carving on the bench sides ties it together perfectly. The tikis themselves looks great. One of the best things I've seen.

I want one!

Great Job Rodeo That was a great idea!!! Those Tiki's look nice and I like the stain job as well. Your work keeps getting better and better!!! Thank you for posting Pic's.
Later,
Scott

Very cool Rodeo! Love the darkness of the wood and great facial expressions.

Thanks again.
Such kind words from such amazing artist that I respect and admire, make me feel warm and fuzzy inside.
It was fun to combine function and tiki and I am gonna try and do more along the same lines.

Very cool!! Let me know if you decide to make more (we may have to get you & a U-Haul out this way)!!

T

Looks great. Send a pic when it is in its final home

Again Rodeo - you keep inspiring me! That's one cool bench!

Pages: 1 23 replies