Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Florida TCers - Lemon Hart Demerara on the way!

Pages: 1 5 replies

HL

It looks like my stop at Wally's in Orlando paid off -- they're ordering me a case of the Lemon Hart 80 and 151 proof Demerara rums and they'll be in tomorrow.

There should be more than enough to go around, so if anyone wants a bottle or two (or three or four) of either proof, send me a personal message here on the board and we'll figure out how to hook up. I'm located in St. Pete, Florida.

I was quoted a price of $16 a bottle for the 80 proof and $24 (I think) for the 151 (not including tax). I'll be hanging on to the receipts so I can do the math later.

HL

A SAD UPDATE

Even though the distributor said they had the product in stock, it did not show up at the store today. Aarrg!

I'm contacting the distributor directly now and will see if anything comes of it.

Fortunately, they were nice enough to call me before I made the 2-hour drive over.

K
Kono posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 4:31 PM

On 2005-05-10 13:21, Hot Lava wrote:
I'm contacting the distributor directly now and will see if anything comes of it.

Give 'em a laundry list of other stuff we want as well. It's time Florida liquor stores start getting with the program. As far as I know, Southern Distributing is the only distributor in the state, so it's pretty much their fault we have so little to choose from.

J
Jawa posted on Wed, May 11, 2005 7:18 AM

Hot Lava, I would be interested in getting a few bottles, hopefully it comes through!!!

There is legislation going on in several states regarding distribution rights for alcohol, so let's hope they get to Florida soon. I am about sick of not being able to order wine/beer/alcohol from California because some damn distributor is pushing for enforcement of some ancient law.

Anyway, I will PM you with my info as well!

• Jason
HL

The plot thickens --

There are actually a couple of distributors in Florida. Southern is the biggest, but there is another one called Premier Beverage. [link]http://www.premier-bev.com/Home.htm[/link] They are the company that distributes Lemon Hart in the Florida.

After the disappointment at Wally's, I emailed them to try to find out what happened. Their customer service replied the next day, saying that although they sell a lot of Lemon Hart to bars and restaurants, they haven't sold any in package stores for over six months, according to their database. She suggested I try to have a local store order it for me, but provided no info on why the Wally's order didn't go through.

This afternoon I headed over to a liquor store close to my office, and the owner managed to get in touch with her rep from Premier. He said that they are having problems importing it into the U.S. and they haven't had it for around 8 months (which explains why they hadn't sold any in stores), so apparently there's some sort of governmental snafu going on.

The store owner is going to do a little asking around to see if any of her contacts happens to have a bottle or two, so we're back into a wait and see mode. In the meantime, it looks like if you want Lemon Hart, you'd better get it quick from out of state before the supply completely dries up. I wonder if it's still available in Canada?

There is no government snafu going on they have a monopoly and they know it, so they don't care about you.

If you went on line to one of the internet sellers they would have it to your house in a few days.

Pages: 1 5 replies