Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Unkle John's birthday wish list...

Pages: 1 4 replies

Well for some time I always thought it would be great to have my 30th b-day party at a polynesian style hotel/bar. since I moved out to West Texas, it would be harder for my friends to come out to celebrate. But I knew if they could make it, they would. I searched and found two possible spots: The KoKo Inn in Lubbock and the Kona Kai in Dumas. Well after some searching and finnaly calling and getting ahold of someone, I found that the Kona Kai is no longer "hy-why-an". Infact it's called the Dumas(s)Inn and now sports a Texas motif. Wow.. who would have ever thought about that here in Texas! I've been talking with the KoKo Inn (which is closer to my house), but I don't think it will pan out either. I lost my job back in January, and since then I have posted the birthday event in the event's forum. No one has said anything, so I'm taking it that It will just be myself and my wahine.
I also started working on limited edition tiki mugs for my 30th b-day. I've bought a couple of dozen in bulk from oriental trading company(Remember I lost my job). they are the beautiful cobalt blue ceramic mugs. I'm getting paint masks worked on and I will have these mugs ready for shipping, hopefully a month prior to my birthday. There is a description page on my site for it.
Seeing that it looks like my plans are falling apart, I found something I want to add to my wish list: My unkle dropped off our great-aunt's car b/c he had no room to park it (he has two classics and two everyday drivers)at my parent's place. It's a 1970 Chevy Impala with original 74K miles on it. It needs some minor work and a few hoses and belts replaced. I have a way to get it out to my place, I just don't have the money to purchase it. My unkle is asking $1000 for it. I can save up to get the minor stuff fixed, but I was wondering if I put a donation bar on my website, do you think anyone would actually donate cash so I can buy it for my birthday? I mean there are over 3000 people on TC, if 1/3 of them donated atleast a dollar i could get that car before my unkle sells it to some white kid who wants to roll through the "hood". The Impala would go to someone (me) who would restore her and give her a good home and someone (me) who appreciates vintage autos. She does some minor body work (which I got that part covered) but possibly get some nice pin striping on her and a new pait job (watching her original). I've also thought about giving anyone who wants to donate, a 30th b-day tiki mug.

here are some pics:

Doesn't she scream: Unkle John's Tiki Cruiser?

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 7:37 PM

You would like money, and I like tiki mugs. I reckon we might be able to come up with some agreement. I will PM ya. I would come to da party if I wasnt a poor ass student on the other side of the world.

Thats a sweet lookin ride by the way.

Everyone laughs at me because I am different. I laugh at everyone else because they are all the same.

[ Edited by: hewey on 2005-05-10 19:38 ]

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 7:39 PM

Come on guys, lets help him out

PI

I'd do it! I've never been to Texas but there is a guy at work from Dallas who I want to strangle :wink:

I wish someone would buy me a car too.
Get a job you bum! :)

Pages: 1 4 replies