Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Otto's Shrunken Head Website is up!

Pages: 1 14 replies

T

Yes that's right. Having missed Tiki Oasis this year I sent Fisherman and our best bartender "The Intoxicating Nell" out west to represent the East Coast scene while I slaved and toiled on this project. The computer we made out of coconuts and pineapples is finally running up to 21st century standards. Although the monkeys we hired to run the damn thing are costing us an arm and leg in bananas! Still a work in progress but we've got pics and events and links.
TCers send us links if you want to be listed! Hurry before we run out of bananas and the monkeys go on strike! Damn poo-flingin' sons of $#@&*es
steve
http://www.ottosshrunkenhead.com

[ Edited by: tastysp on 2005-05-10 13:12 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore - Fixed bar title in subject line - 2005-06-01 15:45 ]

T

Love the place. Looks totally right and unlike anything I've seen put together. It looks one part sideshow with the different oddities. Perfect blend.

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 7:26 PM

Looks like a cool website, and an even cooler bar.

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 7:28 PM

Cool to see all of the press time you guys have got as well. Good to know you can get the attention of the common man.

K
kauno posted on Tue, May 10, 2005 7:37 PM

The website looks great Steve! Nice work you guys! Man, the last time I was there was in January and it was about 18 degrees outside. When we rushed inside we could hear the exotic sounds of the Fishermen playing and we slapped back a few of Otto's killer drinks. There's nothing else like the taste and vibe of the tropics in the heart of the Big Apple. Cheers!

As much as I'm glad that there is a tropical paradise in NYC, it is with some sadness that I viewed the photos of the backroom. Just about where the drum kit is on the stage, was where the old Barmacy DJ booth was. I spent my every Saturday for about three years in that booth. Coming home stinking of cigarette smoke and free Jack Daniels.

Does anybody at Otto's know what ever happened to DJ'S Slim Chance and Ring Ding? They did Friday nights at Barmacy. Their night was called SQUARESVILLE. I'd be very interested in seeing them again.

TG

Great website!! I always wondered why y'all didn't have one! Four Stars!! ****

T

Thanks for all the kind words!

As to Squaresville I'll bet someone over at Beauty Bar knows. Ask Mike the manager, he used to manage Barmacy as well as Beauty Bar.

yeah, but do you have any of my world famous mogumbu shrunken head swag lamps???

T

On 2005-05-11 13:55, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
yeah, but do you have any of my world famous mogumbu shrunken head swag lamps???

I must admit I do not.
Perhaps if you send me a picture of one I may be inclined to get one.

Looks good - the site is fun and so is the place. I'll be back for Tiki Tuesdays - but maybe Tiki Monday in to Tiki Tuesday for a Fishermen performance viewing. - When they get back in there!

See ya soon!

Wow, the place looks so neat! I wish there was a place like that in Rochester. We have Bob's Tiki lounge, but it's just a Hard Rock joint....not that there's anything wrong with that!

S
SES posted on Thu, May 12, 2005 5:36 AM

Great! I have some night photos from my visit awhile ago. :)

K

Cool bar!

I was just wondering where they get all of those different Tiki mugs for $5...

I'd like to get some Tikiware, but the prices of the "limited edition" stuff are totally freaky to my mind.

=Kukoae=

I was just at Otto's last week. I came in after a visit to Richie's guitar shop where I picked up my Surf Green (of Course !) Fender Esquire.....

Pages: 1 14 replies