Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Tut photos - too cool!

Pages: 1 9 replies

There is a big King Tut exhibit gearing up in LA County Museum of Art, which is conveniently close to LA Trader Vics and the newly refurnished fab Farmer's Daughter motel (recently featured in retro mag Budget Living).

I'll have to check it out.

T

Wow! I am sooooo going to this!!!!!!!!!!

On 2005-05-11 16:16, Tangaroa wrote:
Wow! I am sooooo going to this!!!!!!!!!!

ROAD TRIP!! I'm in!! I went to the Tut exhibit in L.A. years ago with my dad. Huge lines...and overwhelming! Followed by a Trader Vic's run?? Can't miss!

H

Thanks for posting this link, PJ... when I read an article yesterday, it sounded cool, but there weren't pics. Fascinating stuff! I'm in for a LACMA trip, too.

B

Thanks for the great pix. Unbelievable look at our ancient history.

On 2005-05-11 16:30, PapeToaTane wrote:
[ROAD TRIP!! I'm in!! I went to the Tut exhibit in L.A. years ago with my dad. Huge lines...and overwhelming! Followed by a Trader Vic's run?? Can't miss!

Cool! I saw it in 1972 at the British museum, and remember the lines just as much as the exhibit. (Well, I was 5) It seemed like a huge event - like the moon landing or something.
Go if you can!

Trader Woody

One of my friends emailed that same link to me and thought the computer generated image of Tut looked like a "missing" member of Culture Club.

Saw Tut in NYC in the '70's. Why is his head warped? Were they into cranial reshaping? Or did he drink too much palm wine and take a spill?

That's f*cked up, Y'all!

On 2005-05-13 21:15, vintagegirl wrote:
One of my friends emailed that same link to me and thought the computer generated image of Tut looked like a "missing" member of Culture Club.

Excellent Culture Club reference.

I'll Tumble for ya.

Pages: 1 9 replies