Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

New Disney Music with Tiki Tiki Room

Pages: 1 7 replies

I recognized almost all the names except Hilary Duff. I know my kids would like this album.

Thursday August 22, 5:04 am ET
Press Release
SOURCE: Walt Disney Records
Walt Disney Records Celebrates Disneymania
Star-Studded Disc Features Disney Classics as Performed by *NSYNC, Usher, Ashanti, Anastacia, Aaron Carter and More
BURBANK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 22, 2002--Walt Disney Records has announced a September 17th release date for the star-studded Disneymania. The highly anticipated album features Disney classics performed by a host of platinum artists and fresh new voices.

Source: Walt Disney Records

· View multimedia news release

Disneymania boasts fifteen brand-new recordings from a number of today's hottest artists, including NSYNC, Jessica Simpson, Anastacia, Ashanti, Usher, S Club, Smash Mouth, ATeens, Aaron Carter and more. The result is an extraordinarily varied pop album of fun and timeless tunes by artists that have sold more than 80 million records to date.

"We're extremely excited to be releasing this unique collection of Disney's greatest songs," says Walt Disney Records president Luigi-Theo Calabrese. "This is more than just an album of truly phenomenal performances -- it's a record that both celebrates Disney's musical legacy and redefines it for the new millennium."

The full track listing for Disneymania (in alphabetical order) is:

-0-

1. A*Teens "Under the Sea"
  2. Aaron Carter "I Just Can't Wait to Be King"
  3. Anastacia "Someday My Prince Will come"
  4. Ashanti "Colors of the Wind"
  5. Baha Men "Hakuna Matata"
  6. Christina Aguilera "Reflection"
  7. Hilary Duff "Tiki Tiki Room"
  8. Jump 5 "Beauty & The Beast"
  9. Jessica Simpson "Part of Your World"
  10. *NSYNC "When You Wish Upon A Star"
  11. No Secrets "Kiss the Girl"
  12. Ronan Keating "Circle of Life"
  13. S Club "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"
  14. Smash Mouth "I Wan'na Be Like You"
  15. Usher "You'll Be In My Heart"

Smash Mouth's version of "I Want To Be Like You" will be featured in Walt Disney Pictures' upcoming animated feature, Jungle Book 2, to be released in theaters in spring of 2003.

To celebrate the release of Disneymania, Walt Disney Records is planning a Fall TV special, details to be announced.

Note: A Photo is available at URL:

http://www.businesswire.com/cgi-bin/photo.cgi?pw.082202/bb2

Walt Disney Records
Maria Kleinman or Nicole Smith, 818/973-3475

Wow! I was starting to get excited about reading this.....but you lost me at *NSYNC.

SugarCaddyDaddy

Don't do it! Please don't encourage the mouse in this kinda drek....stick with the original!

I don't think anybody will ever do a better Jungle book tune than Louie Prima. He did the original "Be like you " The version by los Lobos is pretty damn good though. I have a tape of some disney covers. The artist include: Tom Waits, Buster Poindexter, Sun Ra , Sinead O'conner. Some others that I don't recall, and I am to lazy to dig out my cassettes. Interesting collection but not amazing.
Chongolio

There used to be a disc out like this about 5 years ago called "MUSIC FROM THE PARK" and it was really, really, REALLY bad. The best thing on there was the Barenaked Ladies doing Grim Grinning Ghosts, and even it was bad. I think the pointer sisters did the Tiki Room. Uggggggh.

The disc has all but disappeared these days. In fact, I just dug out my copy of it, and the CD was missing from the Jewel case. I'm kind of relieved.

There was another disc called "Mouse House" that had a kind-of-Techno versions of Disney Movie songs. On there was a the Tikiroom Macarana (or however that is spelled). This disc was way better than the Music from the Park disc but was still pretty unlistenable. The techo versions of the songs were all pretty unispiring.

Hanford

T

Yeah - really guys - don't buy this stuff. It only encourages them to keep releasing shoddy re-hashes of the original classics. I was at Disneyland yesterday - the Tiki Room (which still has basically the original show) was packed! The entire audience singing along in 2002... pretty cool....

T

OK - just read a review of this (by a typically gushing Disney fan) on Laughing Place... I still say - don't buy it!

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-PID506570-506571.asp

Quote:
The Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room: Hilary Duff
This is another Radio Disney Jam, Hilary Duff has a nice voice. It is a fun song a fresh take on one of the most memorable attraction songs. I like the fact that they kept the lyrics, didn’t change them, and even sampled some sound bites from the original song. The additions in the chorus were very catchy. While not a favorite this song made me smile; I say B-

T

On 2002-10-25 13:49, Chongolio wrote:
I have a tape of some disney covers. The artist include: Tom Waits, Buster Poindexter, Sun Ra , Sinead O'conner. Some others that I don't recall, and I am to lazy to dig out my cassettes. Interesting collection but not amazing.
Chongolio

Tom Waits doing "Heigh-Ho" is awesome... then again, Tom Waits doing ANYTHING is awesome*.

JT

• With the exception of that dreadful movie he did with Crystal Gayle! What was ol' boy thinking???

Pages: 1 7 replies