More Lake Tikis!
More Esqui! (This month, right?)
More JT!
More Trader Vic's

MORE TIKI!
MORE TIKI!
MORE TIKI!

MORE PEOPLE!
You missed last month? Don't make that mistake this month! Tiki Raffle again... your chance to leave with a tiki prize!

See you there!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-05-19 20:48 ]

T

Thanks for getting it rolling, Dave.

Here's the official word as posted to Tiki bar Review Pages and sent out over the mailing list...

Aloha everyone!

Here is some more information on upcoming Chicago-area Tiki events.

Chicagoans - mark your calendars!
Out-of-towners - plan your vacations now!

____ DvA Gallery anniversary Party ____

DvA Gallery (2568 N. Lincoln, http://www.DvAGallery.com) celebrates it's one-year anniversary on June 18 with a Tiki themed art show featuring the work os Mark Pilon, Rod Filbrandt, David Krys (DSK designs), the Pop Tarts, Amanda Uisell, Bonni Reid, David Von Alphen, Doug Horne, and more.

Also appearing is James Teitelbaum, author of "Tiki Road Trip" and the upcoming "Big Stone Head: Easter Island and Pop Culture". The Exotic Sounds of the Cocktail Preachers provide the tunes.

4-11 PM, no cover.

_____ TABU TIKI NIGHTS _____

May's Tabu Tiki Nights is slated, as always on the third Wednesday of the month, the 18th.

Entertainment for May:

Tabu Tiki favorites, the Windy City Islanders perform live.

JT's Kon-Tiki Sound System
(spinning vintage Exotica, surf, lounge, and Hawaiian music).

Tiki art by Chicago pop artist Esqui, Tiki carvings, signs, and wall decorations by Dave from Lake Tiki.

Complimentary pupus (appetizers) until 9:30.

Raffle for cool items from:

Lake Tiki (http://home.earthlink.net/~tikidavejenni/),
Tiki Farm (http://www.tikifarm.com),
and
DvA Gallery (http://www.dvagallery.com)!

Drink specials -
Our "drink of the month" special: a newly created rum cocktail invented just for tonight's event.

And, the usual $5 Zombie special will be in effect.

There's still room for artists, carvers, and live entertainers / bands to get involved in all future events.
Contact James at: [email protected]

Trader Vic's is located in the lower level of the Palmer House Hilton
at 17 E. Monroe, Chicago, IL, 60603. (312) 917-7317

Remaining dates for 2005 are:

June 15
July 20
August 17,
September 21,
October 19,
November 16,
December 14 (second Wednesday, not third!)

My group all took the day (or night) off work, so we are going to try to get there extra early this month.
Always a great time. If you have never attended before you're really missing out a fun evening!

T

If you guys are coming early, I will try to get my DJ rig happening by 6 instead of 7 so you have some tunes to listen to.

I live too far away to attend this one, but I do have some friends who live close by and in the Chicago area. I will give them a ringy-ding-ding and tell them to get themselves to it! :)

Wish I could be there! Everyone who goes, be sure to take pics and post them here for me! :D

~L

Aloha everyone! EsQui and I will be there around 6. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Lissette

Bump...

Hope to see a big crowd! Tell your friends... bring your friends!

Tiki! Tiki! Tiki!

Hey thanks for trying to set up music early. We are planing to spend the day in the city so hopefully we will be there by 6:00pm.
Melody

A huge thanks to all those who came out last night! Good music, drinks and ohana.

Thanks to all those who took home tikis!

Another happy grand prize raffle winner!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2005-05-19 20:54 ]

Another nice event.

I brought some friends this time and we shared a Rum Keg - I though this drink was awesome, and a good bargain (for TV's) on the booze per dollar scale.

Thanks to the Windy City Islanders for a great show.

We'll see you all next month!

T

thanks for posting the pics, Tikibars,
looks like everyone had a great time,
especially EsQui!

Pages: 1 11 replies