Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

'OnaTiki Bar & Grill 2nd annual mele July 1st, 2006 San Diego (pg 5)

Pages: 1 2 89 replies

O

Finally!!!! For those of you that thought this would never happen....Ha! It's only a year late.

Saturday, July 2nd, 2005

Please join us to celebrate the opening of the new & improved 'Ona Tiki Bar & Grill.

Time: 1:00pm to whenever....

We'll have kaluha pig & mac salad. Bring something for the BBQ if you wish.

We'll also have various cocktails for your tasting pleasure. Guest bartenders??

Bring your bathing suit for splashing around in the waterfall. Children are welcome!!

We have room for a few tents on the lawn, possibly many more at the neighbors and there are several hotels nearby. PM us if you need info on them.

Please RSVP so we have a head count for the food & booze :wink:

Hope you can make it!!!

Aloha,
'OnaTiki & Moki

If you haven't seen it yet, here are some pictures.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9252&forum=7&102

[ Edited by: onatiki on 2005-07-03 19:39 ]

[ Edited by: OnaTiki 2006-04-22 12:53 ]

We are SOOO IN!!

D

Count me and my man there :D

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2005-05-13 18:22 ]

Tiki Bird & I soooo there...congrats on getting it all done!

WATAH!

Hop Sing will be there!

A

Al and Shelley are in! Three days later, we will be on da Big Island!
Mahalo,
Al and Shell

M

Wouldn't miss it! Confirm 2 more.

AAARRRRRR! We're in the Bay Area that weekend. Oh, man I'm missing out on all the good stuff this year. :(

Can you make it the next weekend? Just kidding!! Have Fun!!!

A-A

We're in, of course (2).
Did I hear "guest bartending"?
Count me in for that, too.
Ran

YES! :drink: :drink:

If we come, is there a motel nearby? We can sleep in a tent, but we'd prefer a bed and a shower.

O

You can Yahoo map our address and see the hotels/motels in our immediate area. Move the map one click to the east to see three more hotels.

Of course there is always the Hanalei, Catamaran and Humphrey's Half Moon. But keep in mind that it is a holiday weekend and they may be booked already.

We have plenty of floor space inside and and an inflatable mattress. First come, first serve.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!
:drink: :drink:

T

Oh Ya....the wifey and I plan to attend...how about a few pounds of the "best" Carne Asada from Imperial Valley sound??? We will bring some as well as HOT salsa if you guys can handle it....I wonder if it's combined it with alcohol, what the effects would be? Hhhhmmmmm....maybe not...who wants a hole in their stomach! LOL!

Thank you for your kind invitation. Please count on Mr. and Mrs. Satan's Sin, and also one teenage spawn of Satan's Sin.

Me and Mrs. Spermy can't wait to see your beatiful home!!! Please count us in!! If you need us to bring any thing please let us know!!

H

:(

R

I will be driving down to SD on Friday to go to the SF Giants / SD Padres game, so now I have a great reason for telling the wife I'll be home on Sunday! Count me in. I'll bring a "bar-warming" bottle of rum, please let me know if there is anything else I should bring. Mahalo for opening up your home to us.

O

Glad so many are able to make it. We have at least one guest bartender so far.

Hope more people can make it.

Mahalo
:drink:

N

Nicktiki and his Mrs.
are in.

I will bring the fixings for a few rounds of monkeypods. I guess you can count me in for an hour or so of bartending.

O

Bump!!

We now have two confirmed guest bartenders and possibly a third. Anybody else want to take a spin?? If so, just let us know and we'll make sure we have all the fixin's.

The guest list is growing nicely but there is still lots of room for more.

If anybody needs help with accomodations or directions, just let us know.

See you soon!!

F

In and ready to participate in the hijinks. The illusive Satan's Sin will be there? Very good.

B

Mrs. Fury and I will be taking Amtrak's Coastliner down for this, but they won't allow cocktails (Hey it's just fruit juice!) We can't wait to see the bar/yard in a completed state since it looked great unfinished. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

BOOOOOOOOOO!HISSSSSSSSSSS!
Won't be able to make it this time around, but I'm planning to be in Diego toward the end of July. Can we start planning on a meeting spot for a get-together for either weekend of 7/22-7/23 or 7/29-7/30? Looking forward to seeing all who can make it then~~Cousin Dave

Count me in!!!

I arranged to take a half day off work--so I'll be there!!!!!
From the pics, your place looks awesome-Can't wait to see it in person!

--Dolphin Tiki

HH

im working on it, but no can promise nuthin

M
Moki posted on Mon, Jun 13, 2005 9:50 AM

Yeah!!!
Floratina, Bongo, Dolphin Tiki AND Hula Hula. We're going to have soooo much fun!!

Cousin Dave, we'll just have to have another party when your here :wink:

I really want to see the place up close and personal. It's really amazing. I'm in awe.

[ Edited by: CheekyGirl 2007-05-07 10:34 ]

My boss finally confirmed that we won't be working that weekend. Yeah!!!!!

Can't wait to see the house.

Moki/Ona

Forgot to mention that the bar looks awesome!! Thanks so much for keeping me in mind for my upcoming visit. Can't wait to see the results of all your hard work up close and personal. Which weekend will work better for you guys--7/22-24 or 7/29-31? BTW, does anyone know if Dr. Z is planning on having his annual gig again on that last weekend of July?~~Cousin Dave

Tic Toc Tic Tok Tiki Tok Tiki Tok .. ... ... ..

Who will we be sacrificing in the fire pit?

Remember all of y'all who are driving down on the 5 from LA, the traffic southbound on Saturday's is nasty from 10 am on until dusk.

Give yourself plenty of time or better still, drive down on the 15.

Im stocked up on Monkeypod supplies. Bring your thirst and a designated driver

I would like to express my sincere regrets that I will not be able to participate in celebrating in this amazing example of a suburban paradise, due to my being in Berlin, Germany, now.

Congrats to a job well done, have a blast everybody :)

not gonna make it :(

M
Moki posted on Tue, Jun 28, 2005 1:46 PM

:cry: :cry: :cry:
You'll both be missed at the party!!

Hope to see you again soon.

H

I'm in along with the beautiful Don's Ho and the always amazing Tiki Bo Peep.

H

We'll be there!

I think this might be my first post to Tiki Central. Hi everybody!
I will most definetly be there for the
Grand unveiling of the New Bar, etc...

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Looks like you got a pretty good crowd coming down for this one!!!

I will be bringing 7-layer dip (and the chips to go with it)--special recipe from my coworker's wife-we're always asking him to bring more in, so I finally just asked for her recipe!!!

I can't wait--Saturday can't get here fast enough!

O

We're so excited to see the huge turn out!! It's going to be a great day!

See ya Saturday.

I see you invited the neighbors, always a wise choice when holding a TC event. Ric, I shall I bring a conga? I know you have plenty.

MG

You guys are only 4.3 miles/9 minutes from my house.
Lisa and I will be there with Vander von Stroheim's girlfriend, Taylor.

Can I sneak over tommorow? Maybe I can pull some weeds or somethin'. Can't wat to check it out!

M
Moki posted on Tue, Jun 28, 2005 9:30 PM

Gene, How'd you know we'd be pulling weeds tomorrow??

Tina, bring your drum or use one of Ric's. Whatever you'd like. He has plenty to share!!

Darn it! We can't make it after all. I was really looking forward to seeing the OnaTiki Bar!

I'm sure every one will have a great time. Please post photos!

On 2005-06-30 09:08, ookoo lady wrote:
Darn it! We can't make it after all. I was really looking forward to seeing the OnaTiki Bar!

WHO CAN'T MAKE IT??
You guys better get your butts down here and tell Krust to bring his board!!! We'll surf the next morning.

Looks like the Coconut Boy will be there. I can bring my postcard books if there's any interest.

Sabu

H

On 2005-06-30 13:26, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:
I can bring my postcard books if there's any interest.

I think that'd be a hoot!

"ANY" interest? I think there's always interest in your awsome collection. It's nice to take in a few pages at a time every once in a while.
Glad you can make it.

Ran

Pages: 1 2 89 replies