Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

WITCO sailing ship

Pages: 1 4 replies

scored what may be a WITCO. 44"X25" it looks like witco,kinda MAYFLOWER-ish (hull then 4 sails)not a outrigger ,i have that one,and not viking,i'v seen that one.this is monted on plywood,with red burlap background and unlike my other WITCOS, the frame is somwhat carved.could this be WITCO? any info? thanks TD

OK ,fine! ,off to ebay it goes.

Perhaps you should give it a little longer and post a photo? It's nigh on impossible for anyone to remark on a description, but once people can see what it looks like, they will be able to offer their opinions.

Trader Woody

It could be a Witco. I have actually found a few of the framed boat that you are describing. One was actually a Witco, and 2 others had a Witco-ish style, but not real Witco's. Witco did have employess that had left the company and produced their own versions of Witco pieces (from what they learned at Witco). It may be one of those. In addition, Witco also produced items that were one-of-a-kind, produced as sales pieces for display for various larger stores and/or furniture buying shows in anticipation of writing orders...(I have chatted with 2 former store owners & one interior designer in reference to this). You could possibly have a unique Witco item.

Keep in mind too, that you should also contact Keigs20 on any Witco questions. William Westenhaver is part of his family! He's got lot's of info, not to mention that he is keeping the traditional Witco carving style alive with the guidance of William himself!

As always, just my 2 coconuts worth...

Thanks SugarCaddyDaddy. not tiki so it is still off to ebay with it.

Pages: 1 4 replies