Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki at The Christmas Tree Shops (New Style - 10/3)

Pages: 1 14 replies

B

Picked up this guy yesterday at my local Christmas Tree Shop. 36" Tall, and pretty damned good for $29.99. Made all the sweeter by the fact that I found a $10 in the parking lot. Now I wish I had bought 2, as I can't decide if I should put him in the backyard, or keep him in the lounge.

[ Edited by: badmojo 2005-10-04 19:07 ]

Dang, that thing is great. Too bad we don't have that store in CA.

Bargain!

What's it made of? Is it heavy?

Trader Woody

I picked a tiki statue off of eBay that came from that store. It was shorted.. about 18 inches. I think I bought it for $18-$20 (That included shipping). What really sucks is that we don't have those stores either in Tx. I just wish whoever they are getting them from, Big lots or Target would get them as well.

B

It seems to be some type of resin. It's hollow, but still pretty heavy. As I was loading it into the trunk I noticed there must be a fist sized hunk of resin inside, rattling around.

K
Kono posted on Sun, May 15, 2005 4:45 PM

badmojo, by any chance is that Flamin' Ku mask by the World Famous Suburban_Savage?

:wink:

B

Why Yes, Yes it is. Version 2.0, now with red jeweled eyes!

I picked one up at my local Christmas tree today as well. It's smaller than the one you have, and was a steal at $9.99.

They only had the one though. I'll keep checking for other folks if they are interested. The one I found doeesn't weigh a ton and would probably be shippable for like 10 bucks.
I need to figure out the upload photo thing...I'll post some pics soon!

K

I'll keep checking for other folks if they are interested.

Keep me in mind for one of those!

B

Not sure how long they've had these guys, but I thought I'd give the rest of the North-Easters a heads up. I picked up a pair this last weekend. Can't beat the price at $6.99 each. 16" Tall, and the usual plastic/resin material.

J

Hmm, I'll have to check out my local Xmas Tree Shops in Warwick, RI. Hope to find one (or two!).

Thanks badmojo. I rushed there tonight and picked up a pair, then rushed out. (We were late to childbirth class--I have the best wife in the world)

Cute mojo!
It looks like there are at least three different sizes of that guy available from various companies. His squatness gives him more personality than my lanky one.
-Tw

UJ

On 2005-10-04 19:06, badmojo wrote:

That's the one I picked up on ebay... sorry guys and gals, I thought I took a pick so you all could see him. He's not really that heavy, btw.

Got this guy at the Christmas Tree Shops for $4!

Incedentally, the poster on which he's sitting I got a print shop that was going out of business for the princely sum of $2.97 including tax.

P.S. This thread should probably be moved to Tiki Marketplace.

Pages: 1 14 replies