Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Sneek peak of artwork coming to DvA Gallery's Gala-Tiki

Pages: 1 18 replies

D

Hope you guys like the pics and also hope to see you all there!

Mark Pilon

Doug Horne

Thorsten Hasenkamm

Amanda Visell

Rod Filbrandt

David van Alphen

Looks like good stuff!

Do I need to make any sort of reservations or buy tickets or anything to attend this event?

Thanks!

Tiki Flange

[ Edited by: Tiki Flange on 2005-05-16 19:18 ]

D

No tickets or reservations needed. It is a free event to the public. Hope to see you there.

WHERE is this event? city? address? thanks

I'll chime in since I'll be exhibiting at this show too...

DvA Gallery 2568 N. Lincoln Ave. Chicago, IL 60614 (pf) 773.871.4DVA

http://www.dvagallery.com/

Hope this helps.

D

It is in Chicago, Illinois. 2568 N. Lincoln Ave. 773.871.4382. Also, for those unable to make the trip, All the artwork will be on the website http://www.DvAGallery.com prior to the event and available for purchase through the online store.

D

For those of you who recieve Tiki Farm's email blasts, you might already know that Holden will be sending DvA Gallery lots-o-mugs for sale in the gallery. Some new, some old and some surprises. So please come check'em out along with some great tiki artwork. Currently, there are over 15 artists! See you there.

ill be there, see you all then

D

The artists keep coming! Just wanted everyone to know that Shag and Tiki Oasis poster artist Derek Yaniger have been added to the line-up of artists showing at DvA Gallery's Gala-Tiki event.

Sounds like a great time. I will surely be there. What kind of drinks are on the menu????

D

Voo doo Rum is sponsoring the event so I guess anything you mix with that. Water too for the parched.

Damn, I wish I could make it. All these pieces are top notch, but the Amanda Visell piece stands out.

D

It's not the same as being there but all remaining artwork and tiki stuff will be for sale on the website the day after the event.

I posted these in "Creating Tiki" but thought I'd make it official and post them here. These 2 are going out to Chicago later this week.

Based on and in honor of the old Chin Tiki in Detroit, here is the latest enamel and gold leaf painting for the DvA show:

and here's another called "Twilight Serenade" for the DvA show. The very center of the stars are gold leaf:

http://www.samgambino.com

cool, cant wait to see ot all live in living color saturday!

MG

I like it!

wow!....just got back from this, great art, sam your stuff looks incredible in person!, lake surfers tikis were great,amandas,tiki tonys,krys crazy grill,the shag prints,doug swampfires stuff,the tiki farm display....seriously folks, if you missed this, and are comin to town for exotica, you GOTTA stop by dva and check this out......and a HUGE thanks to dave from dva for puttin this on.....we drove 2.5 hours each way, and it was worth it

[ Edited by: hala bullhiki on 2005-06-19 10:21 ]

Thanks for the kind words, MEAN GENE and hala. I second that thanks to David at DvA as well.

D

Thanks guys for the kind words. It was a great event and look forward to doing more.
David
DvA Gallery

Pages: 1 18 replies