Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

pretty cool witco find(i think)

Pages: 1 8 replies

K
kirby posted on Sun, May 15, 2005 8:27 PM

I was at the long beach swap meat today trying to sell some of my art and after taking a break
from my spot i stumbleld apon this beauty and had to get it. I think its witco but not positive. If anyone knows for sure let me know...thanks ...kirby

http://kirbysisland.com/

8T

I don't know whether or not it is Witco because I never see that stuff in person and so I'm no expert. I probably would have bought it if it was cheap but I dunno....She sure is ugly.

The carving is, but I don't think that background is original.

Kirby, good find! Yes, she is a Witco. Some mention of her "sisters" can be found here. She's definitely a keeper. If by chance she isn't quite what you want for your home, then let me know.

K
kirby posted on Mon, May 16, 2005 9:04 AM

hmmm perhaps we could pull of some kinda trade sugarcaddydaddy it is accualy way to big for the wall i have it on...kirby

DZ

I saw the same Witco at the Swap Meet, shortly after chattin' with Kirby. I was with Krustiki and Ookoo Lady at the time and although I knew what it was, even at the ridiculously low price they had it for, it still wasn't in my budget (Krustiki & Ookoo just didn't care for it much, I think.) Kirby, you got one heck of a deal, because (well, depending on the final price) I understand the same sellers had another one that they sold earlier in the day for more than twice the amount they were asking for this one.

Good score!

K
kirby posted on Tue, May 17, 2005 9:10 AM

ive been getting a bunch of emails that people would like to trade for her,so if your interested just email me a list of what you would like to trade and i will get back to you. If not im probly gonna put it on ebay because i realy dont have room for her. thanx...kirby

OL

Here's a Witco(?) we found today at the flea market, but we're not quite sure what it's supposed to be. It looks like a side-view of someone holding a knight's sword and shield, but the face looks more like a monkey!

H

Perhaps it's the Conquistador Chic answer to the Monkey Wearing a Fez?

Pages: 1 8 replies