Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

The Alive Thread

Pages: 1 40 replies

A place to post "alive & kicking" notices and related posts about people we forgot about.

Randy Mantooth... still alive and proposing a new television show called "USAR - Urban Search & Rescue".

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2005-05-16 13:03 ]

The entire cast of Lidsville is still alive.

not sure whether this should be under the alive or deat post!

INXS Reality Show

T

On 2005-05-16 13:05, Unga Bunga wrote:
The entire cast of Lidsville is still alive.

...although the Fez is in booze rehab!

[ Edited by: tikibars on 2005-05-16 13:15 ]

M

Jay Robinson of the 70's Saturday morning TV show "Dr. Shrinker" is still very much alive.

Studs Turkel is 93 today

Harry Carrey, Jr., is 84

T

Abe Vigoda is still alive!!!

http://www.abevigoda.com/ffb.php

T

On 2005-05-16 14:43, Tiki-bot wrote:
Abe Vigoda is still alive!!!

http://www.abevigoda.com/ffb.php

I added that firefox plugin, 2 days later the server was crashed, but Abe was still here.

Tacky Techie Tiki Bar
It's easy to grin, when your ship comes in, and you've got the stock market beat; but the man worth while, is the man who can smile, when his shorts are too tight in the seat

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2005-05-16 15:58 ]

eddie vedder is still alive

H
hewey posted on Mon, May 16, 2005 4:08 PM

Ozzie Osbourne

hang on, we havnt really forgotten him. And is he alive? Hes one spent unit. Maybe hes a zombie, he just doesnt hold his arms out when he walks, hes not green, and he doesnt eat human flesh - he has a nice diet of bat heads.

This Crazy Diamond is still shinin' on.

M

On 2005-05-16 16:43, purple jade wrote:
This Crazy Diamond is still shinin' on.

I remember reading the announcement that Syd went to the store alone for the first time... and this was not that incredibly long ago. Looks like he's still at it. Way to go!

KISS is ALIVE...

B

Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead

Unfortunatly there are some mimes...still un-dead.

I

Sam Drucker (aka Frank Cady) is 89 and still alive.

And so is Mr. Douglass (aka Eddie Albert) who is now 97.

Vern

On 2005-05-16 19:55, ikitnrev wrote:

eddie albert is still around because he takes "res-q" (a.m. radio commercial reference)

Link Wray is out and about showing the youngsters how the electric guitar should be played.

And the geriatric rockers, "The Rolling Stones" are keeping the Rock and Roll swindle alive with their outragous ticket prices.

On 2005-05-17 09:53, polynesian posh boy wrote:
Link Wray is out and about showing the youngsters how the electric guitar should be played.

Les Paul too.

Phyllis Diller

UT

On 2005-05-18 16:19, cynfulcynner wrote:

Les Paul too.

Just saw him Monday night at the Iridium jazz club where he still plays every Monday. He's going to be 90 next week.

On 2005-06-08 13:51, Urban Tiki wrote:

On 2005-05-18 16:19, cynfulcynner wrote:

Les Paul too.

Just saw him Monday night at the Iridium jazz club where he still plays every Monday. He's going to be 90 next week.

Les Paul is 90 today!

And since the Korean War he's only had one lung too. How's that for teaching us youngsters.

Sabu

On 2005-05-17 04:05, Johnny Dollar wrote:

On 2005-05-16 19:55, ikitnrev wrote:

eddie albert is still around because he takes "res-q" (a.m. radio commercial reference)

Eddie Albert died May 27th. Weird.

The other night Jon Stewart made a joke about Lidsville, and his guest didn't get it...

I

Eddie Albert died May 27th. Weird.

Even weirder is less than a week after Eddie Albert died, I found a LP recording of his at a library sale .... a record I had never seen before, even after nearly 10 years of going through countless numbers of record bins in thrift stores.

Vern

M

This just in... Abe Vigoda is still alive!!!

I think this guy is still alive or maybe not. It's a toss up.

1940s MGM hearthrob Van Johnson is still alive but I'm told is a recluse.

I hear Richard Widmark is still very much alive. But most thoroughly retired. He'll be 91 the day after Christmas.

And, I was fascinated to find out that Mrs. Jefferson (Isabel Sanford, who is dead) was over twenty years older than Mr. Jefferson (Sherman Hemsley, who is alive). Wow...who knew...George Jefferson was Louise's boy toy!

UB

I think Dick Clark is still alive.

D

Speaking about a Dick...I wonder if Tiki_Bong is still around and kicking? And if he is, I wonder what the founder of tiki's glorious International Tiki Day is doing this Saturday? Happy ITD Bong...wherever you might be!

On 2005-07-20 12:14, pappythesailor wrote:
1940s MGM hearthrob Van Johnson is still alive but I'm told is a recluse.

I'll bet he's still wearing red socks.

Good news for Jazz fans...

Dave Brubeck is still around and celebrating his 90th Birthday.

Leslie Uggams is still with us and performing in "Uptown Downtown" at the Pasadena Playhouse

M

Great news about Mr. Brubeck King! Go ahead and take five.

Doris Day is still kickin' here in Carmel (along with Clint)

Mousekateer Tommy Kirk is 69 years old today.

In the past decades, he has provided us with many great cinematic moments in films such as The Monkey's Uncle,Village of the Giants, It's a Bikini World and Mars Needs Women

He put together a successful carpet and upholstery cleaning business which has run steadily for well over two decades

Tiki Central is alive, ALIVE!
Thank you Hanford.

Pages: 1 40 replies