Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

TIKI Fridge

Pages: 1 15 replies

Hello again, I have not been in here for awhile. It's finally starting to warm up here around Chicago area. I got a new vinyl cutter this past winter. I got out last weekend and did some work on the bar fridge, I have at the end of my tiki kitchen on the deck. Check it out, and thanks for all the good ideas in here.

http://www.computcare.com/randy-gallery/TIKITIKI/DSCF0249

Randy

M
Moki posted on Mon, May 16, 2005 1:31 PM

Welcome and thanks for sharing.
Looks good.
:drink:

I like it. How much would decals like that cost?

Hey Randy,
Your design looks really familiar to me. Check out this thread:

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=4576&forum=7&vpost=45561

Please refresh my memeory, have we met?

Chongolio

Sorry if these are your designs. I did not know. I got a CD with a lot of art on it and that was one of them and there is no reference to you. If you don’t want me to use it I will remove it and use another.

Thanks
Randy

T

Interesting. Where did that CD come from. I do like the surfer and the idea of useing the sticker.

H
hewey posted on Mon, May 16, 2005 3:44 PM

That is one cool fridge (argh! bad pun that was not intended).

B

Yeah right hewey?? It IS a Kuel fridge. Like the tiki. Even if it is chongo's, it's Probably ok for your personal use and I'm sure you didn't plan on selling any and didn't know. Just remember we all have to be careful with stuff like this.

Hey Randy,
No hard feelings, its not the first I have seen my designs borrowed. I dont mind my design being used as long as its not being sold and I have been asked for permission and credit. Thanks for asking and you now can cut the moai in good conscience, but please don't sell the decals. I sure would like to know where you got the CD from. I wonder how many more of mine and fellow TC artist's work is being passed around with no comps or royalties to the artist. Did you buy the CD? If so could you tell me where.
Thanks,

T

That is a huge problem. Go to google and type in surfer tiki. Look uinder images. I saw 2 of yours! Sorry

hey congolio,

in that case, i would like to buy 2 decals from you directly if possible. your first two design, not the surf tiki. i would like to put on my fridge.

please let me know, thanks!

rowena

hey chongolio,

check ebay too as i think i saw your designs there in decals.

thats messed up Chongo.... messed up.

Lets hear it TikiRandy. Where did the CD come from?

[ Edited by: Monkeyman on 2005-05-23 14:28 ]

TG

He scanned your art image into his new vinyl cutter he said he just got. Chongo, how did your art get on a CD if YOU didn't put it there. I do this for a living at my day job, the USPS. I am a graphic artist Illustrator. It's easy to do. I have a Gerber vinyl cutter in my office...I've done it myself, but not with other peoples art. With USPS Eagle logos and other "bought" clip art.

Sounds "fishy" if you ask me.....I saw the decals on ebay myself. Are those yours Chongo? Spit it out Randy! He's just trying to find out where the CD came from. If your guilty, the ridicule and banishment will come later....

I got the CD at COD Computer show. From a guy that had a whole table of CDs. All his CDs were burned with white lables. O by the way I don't have a scanner and I'm not selling them on ebay eather thats not me.

I will post a pic of the cd.

Thanks
Randy

TG

Now I'm not much of a fisherman, but I do know that if you leave the line out long enough you'll eventually catch a fish....or maybe you won't.

Randy thanks for helping Chongo understand a little better. I'm sure you can understand how he feels......

Pages: 1 15 replies