Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tikis at Sam's Club!!!???!!!

Pages: 1 24 replies

Ok, so I'm pushing my cart down the right side isle (going to pick up some dog food) and as I pass the display of plants I notice some small palms and ferns and finally a couple Hibiscuses(sp?) THEN, just as I'm about to pass by the little "garden section" what do I see?????? Four 4 tikis (all 3' tall) staring at me!!!!! Coco palms and all! Tikis in Sam's Club!!!!! Who'd a thunk it?! It's the one in Stanton for those who don't believe!

For those who still don't believe!

[ Edited by: mysmartloan on 2005-05-16 17:37 ]
http://pictures.sprintpcs.com/mi/18500186_65881399_0.jpeg?inviteToken=3EQr4XJ8575PxkPLLQQ8&limitsize=250,250&outquality=90&squareoutput=255,255,255&ext=.jpg

[ Edited by: mysmartloan on 2005-05-16 17:43 ]

You know you've been on TC too long when you read "Tikis at Sam's..." and your first thought is, "Well of course they have tikis at Sam's Seafood!"

Then I realized the post said "Sam's Club".

As summer approaches, the tiki opportunities will pop up everywhere.

So did you buy all four?

Take a guess how much they are????

How much???? and what are they made out of?

R

Yeah, mysmartloan, enough with the suspense! How much? Are they palm? plastic? foam? ice sculpture? WHAT?!?!

OK I don't want to sound stupid, But is this Sam's Clubthe same one owned by Wal-Mart?

If so I seriously doubt they will have tiki's here in Texas. But hell, I'll look anyways.

Ok...They are made out of cocopalm and the cost is $198.00!!! They are 3' and a little scratched here and there, but they are solid and seem to have at least 2-3 coats of varnish on them...

Not cheap enough for me to shop at sprawl-mart.

T

They also have, or had (they are selling fast) them at the Sam's Club in Corona, CA

T

Because its Sam's Club you should have to buy in bulk. All Four :) I really like the pineapple head, looks like what people are doing on TC. the others look the same. I wonder if anyone knows who made them or are they anyones designs?

Nothing here in Michigan Ann Arbor

[ Edited by: teaKEY on 2005-05-21 10:12 ]

The tag on the tikis says "www.rainbowtropicals.com" and I believe they are a plant wholesaler out of the San Diego area.

K

If you're not a member of Sams Club like me and want a guest pass to get in, click here.

I had to open it in my image editor to get it to print.

I also doubt these will be available here in TX but I'll probably go check them out anyway.

thanks for the tip! there are 2 sam club locations by my house. and thanks for the 1day guest pass! whoohoo!

[ Edited by: romarchez on 2005-05-17 15:15 ]

K

Sam's in Plano, TX had nothing.

Islands Hawaiian Furniture in Westminster has the same TIKIs that were at SAMS CLUB and when Tony (the owner) heard their price, he knocked his down to $199!!!!! And these are very clean 3' TIKIs!!!!! He also has some good deals on other tiki bar related items...Go in this weekend and tell him SoccerTiki sent you for the bargains!!!!! He's been very nice to buy from!

Addy: 14161 Beach Blvd., Westminster, CA

SoccerTiki

OOPS! Tape measure malfunction!!! The tikis are actually 4 feet tall!!!! Now are they a better deal???

[ Edited by: mysmartloan on 2005-06-07 16:05 ]

K

I don't suppose they have a web site or an on-line store?? It sucks living in TX when it comes to tiki. I was really hoping Sam's had these.

I'm sure they'd ship one to you, but it would probably be expensive!!!

If you could post an item number that would help out a lot. I'd love to get a set of these, and the local Sam's Club said they would try to track some down for me if I could get some sort of item number for them.

Thanks for your help!

Ok, I'm begging now; please help with some sort of item number.

T

i saw some at the sam's club in la habra, ca. all they had was the one with the aloha across the head. they were ok, but i don't think i'd spend $200 on them. i'd rather put that towards buying one from someone here.

R

item number posted yet? the 2 sam's club in my area can't find w/o an item number, help!

R

$198 each? sorry,just confirming.

Well, I couldnt find them on the Sams website. I will have to go to Sams (which is like 45 minutes away from me) to see if they have them. I guess I will call first. Mahalo for the heads up! :D

Hey gang,
I was just at Sams Club and they have tiki's and a larger size bamboo bar than Targets in the store in Ontario across from the Ontario Mills Mall. The palm tiki's looked about 3-4 ft and were $149 and the wrap around bamboo bar with split bamboo roof and 3-4 barstools was $499. The quality of both was not half bad.

Pages: 1 24 replies