Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Can you identify The Mystery Mug?

Pages: 1 6 replies

R

Hey all --

I found this mug at an estate sale this morning, and am trying to figure out who made it. On the back, it says what looks like "The A_ _ _ _ Craft Hawaii", and below that is what looks like a model number, a copyright symbol and "60" (I presume this means 1960).

The picture is here:
http://hedonia.net/mystery_mug.jpg

Can anyone identify this beast?

rch427 wrote:
I found this mug at an estate sale this morning....Can anyone identify this beast?

It's a Treasure Craft product. Many of these show up on e-bay. I consider it one of the staples of a mug collection. Fairly easy to get, fun to have, and who hasn't made that same face in the morning after taking a drink of INCREDIBLY hot coffee?

SugarCaddyDaddy

R

Hey SugarCaddyDaddy --
Thanks for the ID! This one will be holding my morning coffee from now on, so the expression is just right.
Cheers --
Robert

The first mug I ever got looked very similar to this one. One major difference was that it had two faux emerald eyes. Through the years, one of the eyes has fallen and some of the paint has rubbed off, and I have no idea how since I was very careful with it and always hand washed it. Very cool find.

T

I found one of these too... I always considered it kinda 2nd tier in my collection. I find mugs with handles harder to display, they wreck my careful kerning on the shelf.

I also have one !
Says Treasure Craft Hawaii
19 c.60. Which is the date.It's a cool mug.

S

I have 2 versions of this mug.

One says Treasure Craft Hawaii and the other says Treasure Craft California 1960.

I drink a lot of coffee outta these guys and the face on them is very cool. I see a lot of them in antique malls and on Ebay too. Get them now while they are still at a cheap price!

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2002-10-26 13:28 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies