Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Cincinnati, Ohio Tiki Fans

Pages: 1 18 replies

TJ

Hello,
I am trying to put together a list of the Tiki types that live in the Southern Ohio/Cincinnati area. I am looking to get us all together so we can bitch about the lack of tiki here, trade some/drink some. I know there are at least 6 of us. I am already in contact with kitschywoman. She is very cool.

Thanks!

K

Hey Joe, you should send me a PM.

Eh, never mind... I'll send you one.

Ahu

[ Edited by: KuKuAhu on 2005-05-17 19:08 ]

I am located in the landlocked world of West Chester, OH - 22 miles north of the river. Not much tiki here except that which I am creating!

Not too much in the way of Exotica since the closing of the Windjammer in Sharonville many years ago.

Glad to see more Ohioans jumping on our band wagon.

(Pegs Tiki Joe in the head with a tiki-shaped beanbag) :D

Meet my new invention. Tiki cornhole. :tiki: I'm gonna paint the board to look like a volcano, complete with a real, flaming ring of fire. Well, maybe I'll skip the fire part. It'd be hell on the beanbags.

Seriously, though. There's gotta be something better to do with my time. We need to get together and talk tiki. :drink: Maybe we could re-do each other's pads, a la Extreme Home Makeover or something.

"Bringing tiki to America's heartland...one tiny step at a time."

[ Edited by: kitschywoman on 2005-05-18 08:29 ]

TJ

Tikimitch,

Check your personal messages. I left my e-mail address there.

Tiki Joe

(I need a better name!)

TJ

the 75 Stingray, you are welcome to join us!

TJ

The75stingray, I also left you my e-mail address in your personal messages.

TJ

Just met a woman today that had visited the Cincinnati location of Kon Tiki in the Sheraton downtown. She said the restaurant had a outrigger in the middle of the place that was also a salad bar. Sounds fantastic.

TJ

Cincinnati Tiki fans unite! Check your personal messages and reply to my e-mail address. Let's get together!

MTG

Hey there... I just moved down to Cincinnati from Detroit and looking for people to share some Mai Tai's and good laughs with.

TJ

Welcome to Cincy. By the way there is NO tiki here! Sorry. I'll try to send you a PM with my email address. I say try because I am having a hard time logging onto this site lately.

TJ

Senor Mai Tai,

I keep getting the email I sent returned to me as undeliverable.

Check for a PM from me.

hey TIKI JOE ,ive got the 2 outriggers that hung from the ceiling the KON TIKI in CLEVELAND,I do not think they were used for the salad bar here though.it closed in 1976 i think that was before the "salad bar craze days" i could be wrong.

This is a bit of an old thread & I don't know if you're all still in the Cincy area, but I thought I'd post here anyway. While it is not a Tiki restaurant, The Oriental Wok in Northern KY, does great mixed tiki drinks & they serve them in Tiki mugs. Foods really good too. Here's a link:

http://www.orientalwok.com/locations.html

TJ

Thanks!

Check your PM Caffeinated, please.

[ Edited by: Tiki Joe 2006-04-29 21:45 ]

K

I'll check out the Oriental Wok's drinks this weekend. Any new developments in Cincy? Did you guys ever get together?

Hi I live in Reading ohio I love tiki also. Email me if you guys get togther for a tiki party. We opened our tiki bar two weeks ago and had a party lol... Had a great time. You can email me at [email protected]
my name is Kim any ideas on shopping or decor let me know

TJ

I will email you tonight.

Pages: 1 18 replies