Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

give-away or vintage TV coconut mug

Pages: 1 4 replies

B

This thread has been covered in another area, but it is most appropriate here, and my initial question never got answered. There are TV coconut mugs on Ebay that are going for outragious amounts. My question was, how does one know which is the give-away and which is vintage. Some Aloha Coconut mugs say "Since 1934" under Trader Vic's, and others don't. Is this the secret? Tiki Quest page 108 does not show the mug with "since 1934". Anyone have an idea?

M

"Anyone have an idea?"

Yes, a see-through toaster. That way you can tell how dark the toast is getting. Sell it to the Japanese, make a gazillion bucks, retire to a tropical isle with the Laker Girls. All of them.

TV's coconuts with Aloha/1934? Free with an $8 Kamaaina at Emeryville Vic's. Nice coconut, brutally awful cocktail. Medre, I just pissed off all the Kamaaina fans now. I have a slew of old TV's coconuts, almost all have "Trader Vic's USA (or Canada)" imprints on the bottom, that's it. I do have a San Francisco 1951-1981 coconut. I think that was from 1981.

Some people are nuts for coconuts, some people are just nuts. I like Pie!

midnite

B

I love your ideas, and your help with the coconuts. Benehune

midnite

Hair Pie midnite?

On 2005-05-18 21:30, Jungle Trader wrote:

midnite

Hair Pie midnite?

I think it's... midnite hair pie.

Aloha,
:tiki:

Pages: 1 4 replies