Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Happy Birthday Pete Townshend!!

Pages: 1 6 replies

D

Hits the big 6-0 today. That's 60 years!! How many years is that in Townshend years??

I saw The Who for the first time a few years back...before Entwistle died, and didn't expect much. I was a huge fan, but thought I was just going to see some geezers at play. WRONG!! They were amazing! Towshend: Still COOL, and always will be.

Happy b-day Pete. Glad you didn't die before you got old.

I always liked the guy, and thought he was cool, but when he appeard at that fundraiser thing in the '80s that Paul McCartney put on, and he wouldn't wear the flashy matching suit...that was tops.

He was just hanging out playing, and looking sinister.

Here's to Pete.

[ Edited by: Gigantalope on 2005-05-19 23:30 ]

D

LOVE Pete Townshend! To me,the Who are the tops-best music-and can you get any better than a artist/musician who wrote a rock opera? Happy Birthday Pete!

T

Pete rules.

On 2005-05-19 21:17, donhonyc wrote:
Hits the big 6-0 today. That's 60 years!! How many years is that in Townshend years??

I saw The Who for the first time a few years back...before Entwistle died, and didn't expect much. I was a huge fan, but thought I was just going to see some geezers at play. WRONG!! They were amazing! Towshend: Still COOL, and always will be.

Happy b-day Pete. Glad you didn't die before you got old.

Amen!! Still my favorite rock-n'-roll band of all time - during my concert-going senior year of H.S. - the Summer-Fall of 1975 - throughout the year I saw Grand Funk, Alice Cooper, Tull, Zep, Humble Pie, The Stones and finally - The Who (with Keith on drums - on Thanksgiving night!) all at the Forum in L.A. With the exception of the David Bowie show I went to at the Santa Monica Civic in November of 1992, it was the greatest show I ever saw live!! They played all of Quadrophenia (it had just been released) - a bunch of Who's Next and Tommy stuff. Smashed up their gear durning an encore - I think I remember it was "Summertime Blues" (the brain was a bit "altered" at the time!) Pete was incredible! Like he was made of rubber, jumping around and spinning his arm like a windmill!

60 years! Wow. Now I feel old!

[ Edited by: PapeToaTane on 2005-05-20 09:09 ]

If I didn't emphasize it enough before:

Although Page, Clapton, Beck, Van Halen, and dare I say Hendrix are amazing and innovative in their own unique ways, their can't be much argument that Pete Townshend is the ultimate foundation of hard rock as we know it, and as we've known it for almost 40 years. All these weak imposters of today like your (I hate even saying their names) Good Charlottes and all these other faggots (not a slur against homosexuals) would be NOWHERE...NOWHERE without PETE TOWNSHEND. Pete fucking rules! He IS and always will be the original punk.

THANK YOU PETE TOWNSHEND.

Aye, aye donhonyc. We'll never see Pete Townshend with a "Sir" in front of HIS name. Here's to Pete!

[ Edited by: Shipwreckjoey on 2005-05-21 10:56 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies