Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Witco(ish?) chess K-Q for trade or just ogling

Pages: 1 7 replies

A

Maybe this is really beyond-collecting-tiki. We have a Witco-ish king and queen chess-piece duo on luxurious red fur frames that we're going to unload, either for trade here, or later on ebay if these don't light anyone's fire. Got no idea if these are Witco-thentic, and there are no markings.

Either way, it's hard not to take a moment and admire the way the woodgrain is brought out on these. So I thought I'd post some pictures just for general ogling...

-Randy

H
hewey posted on Fri, May 20, 2005 2:10 AM

Consider them well and truely ogled! Some nice pieces you got there. Good luck on finding a deserving home.

B

Those are indeed authentic Witco. We have a set and they have labels on the back.

We have a bunch of non-tiki Witco that we don't have space to display and don't know what we are going to do with them. Any hardcore Witco collectors looking for some cool pieces?

-Duke

Of course Duke!
email me at my personal email address:

[email protected]

Just like my ol' favorite western says, "I'm roundin' up the troops and comin' at ya hard & fast..."

[ Edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy 2005-11-29 00:27 ]

aquarj,
you just reminded me of my homemade Witco.

When my dog was young we erected a wooden gate in my parent's kitchen, to give her some space of her own. She'd scratch at that gate with her claws, taking away the soft part of the grain, creating a wonderful Witco texture!

The gate is still there, and Witco is what I think of every time I see it.

Amazing Witco graining dog for hire! shag eames era mug !!RARE!! @@@

:wink:

back to your regularly scheduled Witco ogling thread

On 2005-05-19 23:45, aquarj wrote:
Either way, it's hard not to take a moment and admire the way the woodgrain is brought out on these.

Absolutely. I'm not the world's greatest Witco fan (One word - Steakhouse) but it's impossible to ignore the craftmanship that's gone into these pieces. That woodgrain is positively erotic.

Trader Woody

Any non tiki witco you want to sell let me know. thanks..neptunetiki

A

Witco seems to come up pretty regularly lately - maybe there should be a main "in praise of witco" thread like the cocojoe one! Or a single thread for the periodic "is this Witco, and if so, how much dough is it worth" questions.

Incidentally, we're probably driving down to so-cal for Memorial Day weekend, so we could probably hand-deliver if any witco grandmaster up or down the state has the hots for these.

-Randy

Pages: 1 7 replies