Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Voodoo Lounge

Pages: 1 4 replies

Went to the mall to see Revenge of the Sith and had some time to kill before the movie so I went into Spencer's Gifts. (They seem to be in every mall in America) Anyway, walked in and there was all this tiki stuff, except they call it Voodoo Lounge. Signs,string lights, fake hula stuff, scary looking tiki mugs, miniature Tiki bar, stools and barware. You know something is happening in American culture when you can find it at Spencer's Gifts packaged for teenagers. Anybody esle seen this stuff?

H
hewey posted on Sun, May 22, 2005 2:57 AM

Can't say I've seen it. Come to think of it though, I do live on the other side of the world...

Click here.

OK mahalo. I might buy the Voodoo Lounge sign and change the lettering to Tiki Garden for the gate to what else? my tiki garden. I like the size, shape and design of it, just not the words. After redoing the words I'll poly it to make it waterproof. The rest of the stuff is just a bit too cartoony for me.
I found it strange that along with the bar themed stuff they had made a strong connection in the display with pot. Pot symbols everywhere, even fake pot lei. Not sure if that was what the designers of the Voodoo Lounge merchandise really intended.

The Shops at Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills Mall, and Irvine Spectrum's Spencers have lots of fun Tiki Stuff. From Tiki Shot Glass Necklaces to Tiki Flip Flops. Lots of Tiki Party accesories on Clearance too! Gotta Check it Out! Woo Hoo!

Pages: 1 4 replies