Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Looking for a unique Realtor to work/network with?

Pages: 1 6 replies

I am a licensed Realtor in the Twin Cities area in Minnesota. I have been in this field for about 6 years and am very confident in my job and am extremely hard working. The reason I am writing on here is because I want to continue meeting new people to work and network with that will be comfortable working/ talking with me and I with them! I do have tattoos and piercings and have always seen this as a form of art and self expression. I have noticed at times that I have been in situations throughout my life that have sometimes felt awkward because I get looked at as "different". I do not like that feeling because it feels like I am being judged without the person even knowing….me! If I sometimes feel uneasy because of peoples comments &/or reactions, then I'm sure others have too. I do not like that feeling; especially when it involves a major life change……..like buying or selling a home! When I purchased my first home I really didn’t understand what was going on because I didn’t feel comfortable speaking with my agent or the loan officer because of the way they explained things; to me it sounded like they spoke a different language and that they didn’t take me very seriously. This is actually half the reason why I chose to get into this business; so no one had to ever feel that way again! I want people to feel comfortable and confident when working with me and I know that I will do everything I can to get you where you want to be and explain every step that we go through and why. I want to continue to work with people that know that I am very intelligent and extremely hard working regardless of my hand, arms and leg tattoos. Wouldn't it be nice to work with a Real Estate Agent that has an open mind, is aggressive, knowledgeable and has total confident in her work practice and ethics? I feel I can be all these things plus more because I work for an independently owned (not corporate) office that allows me to be me! Let's go show the world that appearance and our OWN life choices have nothing to do with our capability of personal growth and success!! We are all just as motivated to do well and advance in life as the next person, so let’s go get what we want because everyone deserves it! And remember, if you are currently working with a Real Estate Agent…good for you and good luck!! This letter is not a solicitation, just information for you to have! Thank you!

Bear,

Sit my son/daughter, and let me provide you with a gift that will last you your life.

Based on what you wrote, I think that you are not comfortable with yourself. You need to be.

If you have ink or piercings, you need to get them because they represent you. Not in order to be different for the sake of being different.

Begin working on NOT worrying how you think others preceive you. There's a 99% chance you are wrong. Just be yourself and that sense of ease will shine through.

Now, go forth and be thine self.

On 2005-05-22 05:54, BearLimerickKelly wrote:
This letter is not a solicitation, just information for you to have!

Ya Right

I just want a real estate agent that understands that I want to have a house payment and continue to afford things such as food. I've given up on the existence of tiki-understanding agents in the Bay Area.

I've just about given up on home ownership in SoCal. Who the hell has this kind of money? I wonder if there are going to be a spate of foreclosures in a few years?

Home ownership in So Cali is sort of like the heyday of finding vintage tiki. We bought in '93, out of pure luck, at the bottom of the housing bust in So Cal.

At that time we paid $235,000 for it. We've put in over $100,000 in upgrades and could easily turn it for over $700,000. Unfortunatly, we couldn't afford to buy anything comparable here in HB.

T

Similar sitch.... we bought in Sunland in 2003 and lucked out getting a place for $305K - appreciated $100K in a year fer crissakes! But no way in hell could we qualify for a house now. We just timed it right, lucked out a bit & had a very agressive realtor, and a slightly shady loan financer all working in our favor.

I'm convinced it's all a matter of timing.

I'm also convinced the bubble is about to burst Tiki Gardner - so hold on - prices may get affordable again real soon. On the radio they said that there are almost as many realtors as there are houses for sale here in California... A sure sign of things reaching their limit price wise...?

Oh yeah - "SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM - loverley spaaaam....."

Pages: 1 6 replies