Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Mattfinks Tiki Koi Pond

Pages: 1 15 replies

M

Been Doing some updates this spring on the old Koi pond:

Here's a link to the whole set:

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAM3DZs4ct2jcsg

B

Looks nice Mattfink. Can I bring a fishin pole? I love the frog too.

Lookin' good! I'm jealous as the Mrs. won't allow a pond in "her" garden.

Hey Matt- Where did you find that fountain? I've been looking for a small tiki fountain head. Is that just a converted tiki? or did it come with the plumbing?

BTW... they have concrete Moai at English Gardens for about $130, just incase you want to add more.

Here fishy fishy...

-Z

[ Edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2005-05-23 08:09 ]

I bought a small Tiki on eBay and plumbed the little guy myself. I'd be glad to give you a hand with one if you'd like!

There are several frogs in the pond...mating!!! I'm gonna have a frog leg dinner here soon I think!(just kidding)

Does the concrete tiki look like this one?

On 2005-05-23 06:41, Benzart wrote:
Looks nice Mattfink. Can I bring a fishin pole? I love the frog too.

You can come any time!!! Just bring your carving tools!!

Matty

On 2005-05-23 11:37, mattfink wrote:

Does the concrete tiki look like this one?

well then, never mind.

:)

That pic is in the Shutterfly album....I'll still make your tiki spitter for you!!!

Matty

Mattfink,
Nice pond. I really enjoy Koi fish. They are very peaceful to watch except when there are thousands of them in a single pond and they start swarming for food and sticking their heads out of the water and opening and closing their mouths in famished desperation. That kind of freaks me out. We have three Koi and a goldfish in our pond, plus a frog that took up residence inside a Japanese lantern next to the water.
KG

M

KG,

I don't actually have any Koi as they got eaten by a Heron last year. I could't afford to continue feeding the bird, so I've bought some Shebunkins, Fantails, Comets and some nice big Goldfish. Surprisingly, the bird hasn't eaten any of the cheap fish!!

M

Actually, we have hawks and herons and even a Bald Eagle that fly around our neighborhood, but they have not gobbled up our fish yet. Our pond is completely fenced and within eight feet of the roof of the house so maybe the enclosed space is keeping them out. Either that or the garden tikis are scaring them away.
KG

[ Edited by: Kailuageoff on 2005-05-23 13:51 ]

Very nice pond and it's looking very tiki. I would love to have a pond one day to add to our existing tiki theme backyard and you have given me some really good ideas. Thanks for sharing.

I like the 2 level approach. Is the netting to keep out the herons?

I haven't had a problem with big birds yet, but my pond is nestled under some large evergreens, and has three large dogs gaurding the perimeter.

Very nice, mattfink. I like the tiki fountain too.

Cool stuff, i'd love to be one of those fish.

M

Thanks everybody!! Yup, the net is too keep predators out of the pond.

I started out with the lower pond and found the other pre-form pond in the neighborhood...someone was giving it away for $0!!!

Hopefully my Japanese Maples will grow quick and provide coverage from the Heron.

Matty

Pages: 1 15 replies