Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Chicago Tiki - TONIGHT

Pages: 1 1 replies

T

In honor of KuKuAhu and his wahine being in Chicago from Ohio, we're gathering a small posse to make a weekday excursion to Chef Shangri-La and Hala Kahiki.

We're meeting at the Chef at 7:15 for dinner, and then heading to Hala Kahiki, probably no later than 9:00.

KuKuAhu, his gal, her boss, Dimethos, TipsyMcSagger, and myself are in: come on down and join us!

K

James, thank you so much for showing us around Tuesday night. It was a real pleasure simply to visit these establishments, but having you along as a tour guide truly made the evening just that much more enjoyable.

Tipsy, nice to meet you as well, and I do hope you can join us in August.

I'm afraid I pretty much had hit the wall by the time we got to Hala Kahiki and wasn't much good for conversation (a bar stool at Trader Vic's had been my perch prior to Chef Shangri-La, and all the running around we had been doing for the past three days had me fairly worn down).

In the end, I have to say that the awe inspiring interiors at both locations, the amazing collection of Witco artifacts at HK, the drinks at the Chef, and the company of an expert tiki traveler were the highlights of my trip.

Mahalo James, hope to see you soon.

Ahu

Pages: 1 1 replies