Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

outdoor tiki hot tub

Pages: 1 6 replies

Some of you may remember that two weeks ago one of the "little darlings" at school accidentally broke ol' Ms. Mels fingers in a door. The school sent me home and won't let me return till I have no restrictions.
So what to do?
We have a old hot tub enclosure that after many years of sun and snow, needed a new paint job. Since we do live in the snow belt and see way too much gray, I wanted the enclosure to have some color, but since it looked sort of like a hut anyway....

I don't have alot of extra cash right now, so I had to do something cheap, at least for the time being.
Went to Home Depot and found two cans of outdoor paint in their OOPS section ( wrong mixed colors) Soft yellow was even a solid color deck stain! $5.00 a can.
Then I went to Party City and picked up a few items and then hung up a few of my masks and instant tiki hut.
I hope to make it better has the summer burns on, but a jump start for the up coming weekends.

B

Is it my imagination or is thet thing growing tikis? Lookin Cooool for a Hot tub...

Wow
What a difference a little paint and some tiki makes.
Hmmmm, i have a ugly ass shed out back that could use some work.
Thanks for sharing.

K
kirby posted on Wed, May 25, 2005 6:50 PM

that reminds me of the spinning ride at magic mountian were the floor drops out and you get stuck to the wall oh god that always makes me sick. but besides that i think it looks cool..kirby

H
hewey posted on Wed, May 25, 2005 7:11 PM

So your glass is half full? Nice hut!

Great idea and a huge improvement. Sorry about your injury, my husband had a similar situation last year with his back. He built most of our tiki bar during his time off. Very industrious of you & a very wise use of time.

Yes, the glass turned out to be half full alright. I have started and finished more projects around here! I have even been planting a small tropical garden that has become a neighborhood novelty. My neighbors are all retired folks so I got to hang with them and talk flowers and plants ( one of my passions for many years) I even got to read some of the stacks of books I've been meaning to read. Almost done painting the deck. and I finally started to sort through 45 years of assorted stuff that I have stashed away. I've started piles for GoodWill , eBay and the roll off dumpster I'm ordering after the holidays.
And I still have time to stop every day and watch Perry Mason! Life is good right now
Here's a picture of the tropical experiment, sorry, not the best photo
All small plants at this point.

Pages: 1 6 replies