Pages: 1 2 66 replies

Black Sheep - the best of the worst!

H
Heath posted on Sun, Nov 14, 2010 8:34 PM

On 2010-11-14 17:29, BettyBleu wrote:

Which one?
Chris Farley? or New Zealand?

I really enjoyed the New Zealand Black Sheep, laughed my butt off!

I haven't yet seen
"Shrooms" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHhwiT6eedc
or
"The Human Centipede" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX8fKLjC__c

Both look pretty terrible, but are they bad bad or good bad
anybody?
they are both in my local DVD store and cannot decide, last time I hired a horror movie I got "Antichrist" out, not knowing what I was in for.
Shocked and nearly bored to death at the same time

Sting of Death is a classic with the killer being half-man/half-jellyfish. Plus it has a groovy song written by Neil Sedaka about a happening new dance called, "The Jellyfish".

And it doesn't get much better than this one.

TK

i have always wondered how they got rosie greer in that 1st gen honda.

H

Loved the movie Troll when I was a kid -- our family still calls 'em ratburgers -- but recently I watched it and Troll 2. The original Troll had SONNY BONO and JUNE LOCKHART, so you'd think it'd be hard to top, but... Troll 2 was life changing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_2

Catch it on Hulu or Netflix if you can. Haven't seen the documentary about Troll 2 yet (titled "Best Worst Movie").

On 2010-11-14 20:34, Heath wrote:

On 2010-11-14 17:29, BettyBleu wrote:

Which one?
Chris Farley? or New Zealand?

I really enjoyed the New Zealand Black Sheep, laughed my butt off!

Both scary ... but I was talking about the NZ. Pretty funny!

On 2005-06-06 14:26, TikiGardener wrote:
Devil Girl From Mars

Probably started my fetish for statuesque women in tight vinyl outfits.

Pop quiz, why is this film important to British Tiki fans?

Did anyone ever see "War of the Gargantuas"? It's similar to Godzilla, but they are Godzilla sized monkey-men.

There's an awesome scene in a groovy 60's nightclub, and the lounge singer on stage gets grabbed and eaten by the Green Gargantua. He also spits out her dress on the stage when he gets done.
You will be forever haunted by her horrible vocal ("but the words get stuck in my throat...")

On board for the ride is a completely monotone Russ Tamblyn as a scientist who raised one of the Gargantuas, and is trying to save the good one.

C
Cammo posted on Sat, Nov 20, 2010 7:46 AM

Nothing can touch "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavera", but it may not count because it's a spoof of a really bad horror movie. The writer/director Larry Blamire still doesn't seem to get the idea that if you MAKE a really bad horror movie, no matter how insightful, funny, and dead-on retro it is, people will TREAT it like a really bad horror movie. Meanwhile, most people don't "GET" his films, they laugh nervously when they watch them and steal glances at other audience members to see what they think...

No matter how brilliant Larry Blamire is, it's still taking a really long time for people to hear about what he's doing!!!!

The climax of the film:

Evil plots:

The other climax of the film:

Our heroes:

The astounding Animala!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe9Fs10IIk0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWrcsE72Lnk&feature=related

Hehe, I just watched the Lost Skeleton Returns Again. Both films are really funny, but you have to be in a certain mood.

C

On 2010-11-20 01:29, Jungle Ginger wrote:
Did anyone ever see "War of the Gargantuas"? It's similar to Godzilla, but they are Godzilla sized monkey-men.

There's an awesome scene in a groovy 60's nightclub, and the lounge singer on stage gets grabbed and eaten by the Green Gargantua. He also spits out her dress on the stage when he gets done.
You will be forever haunted by her horrible vocal ("but the words get stuck in my throat...")

On board for the ride is a completely monotone Russ Tamblyn as a scientist who raised one of the Gargantuas, and is trying to save the good one.

Good call Nancy!

If you have seen that film, have you ever seen Mantango (I think that was the original Japanese title, or as it is commonly known, "Revenge of the Mushroom People")

There is a great scene when someone eats a mushroom and has a psychadelic trip and he sees the Las Vegas lights.

But is creeped me out as a kid

Hey Chippy!

I think I saw parts of that, and it is very weird, very creepy and hard to follow.
Some of the Japanese horror movies started getting very strange in the late 60's/early 70's.

I think alot of the filmakers started experimenting with drugs, which made for some hard to follow plots.

The Green Slime is another strange Japanese/American/German sci-fi flick. Great theme song though.

ATP says this is one of his favorite bad movies as well.

We also discovered that this was an early film for the same director who would go on to direct the infamous "Battle Royale".

One must not discount the joys that is Beware! the Blob (aka Son of the Blob),King King Lives!, and Shakuma! (the best killer simian movie ever featuring a cast member of The Blue Lagoon). On a side note, watched The Lost Boys 3: The Thirst thinking it would be a good waste of time and found myself liking quite a bit as a decent follow up to the first one. But avoid Lost Boys 2 at all costs!!!!!

J

"All quantities of horror have their ultimate, and I am that."

Criminally Insane aka Crazy Fat Ethel, this film that introduced me to drive Inn theater culture and I couldn’t have asked for a better picture. It looks like it was filmed with a 8mm Brownie and a set that makes an Ed Wood film look like Terry Gilliam movie.

A recently asylum patience moves in with her grandmother and when she is denied food goes on a killing spree and puts the bodies in a empty bedroom. Through it all we see amazing scenes of gluttony, meat cleaving deaths of very unconvincing mannequins, black humor and acting that sounds like everyone is half asleep. At the end she runs out of food the cops find her in the backroom feasting on her victims, unforgettable, and clocks in at 61 mins. But avoid the sequel it's all rehash, and dream sequences.

[ Edited by: naugatiki 2010-11-27 15:32 ]

I've heard of that one, it sort of reminded me of Killer Nerd. Just got Vampire Gilr vs Frankenstien Girl in the mail. Cant wait to check that out this weekend.

Pages: 1 2 66 replies