Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Misc Tiki Central Changes

Pages: 1 18 replies

Aloha all,

I've made a few new changes to TC that I thought you'd all like to know about:

• When you post to a multi-page topic, you will now be taken to the last page of the topic, where you'll see your own post.

• When browsing a forum, topics with multiple pages will have links to their last three pages displayed, rather than their first three. for example, the Introductions topic used to display "goto page 1, 2, 3, ... 91", however it now displays "goto page 1 ... 89, 90, 91"

These changes are small but should make browing and replying to topics a little easier. These changes have been requested multiple times now, and I'm glad to be able to finally get around to them.

Let me know your thoughts!

~Hanford

B

Perfect little changes these are. That was always irritating being taken back to page 1 after posting in a multi page thread. Adding the last 3 pages as a choice in the heading really works well too.
Thanks so much for the little things that mean a lot.

small, and yet BIG!
I already noticed/appreciated the take-you-to-the-page-to-which-you-just-posted change.

much grass, Hanford :)

Very cool, I thought Tc was perfect the way it was. Even better.

(I was hoping the little change was Bong, the new moderator; or maybe it should be Bong, the excessivator(?))

B

Thanks, Hanford...You're attention to detail makes TC really easy to use. Keep up the good work!

Great idea, Hanford. The little changes all add up to make these forums easier to use.

Mahalo,

Aaron

perfect changes hanford, moholler!

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2005-05-27 20:11 ]

All these multibles want to make me want to have a screaming O !!! Arrrr!!!

a few more changes:

• The "forgot what you're replying to" link at the bottom of the reply page now takes you to the last page as well (thanks to Aaron's Akua for this suggestion)
  • Shout now greatly reduces the amount of accidental double posts made. You can use the refresh button in your browser without worry of a double post.
  • You can now press ENTER to send a shout message. Believe it!

More changes announced here as they happen ....

Awesome. I feel like I just woke up on the beach and someone is handing me a Mai Tai.

Now added:

• Multiple pages on your Personal Messages screen. This will greatly speed up the PM screen for users who have a lot of PMs stored.

• Locations search through Critiki. For example, wanna see the TC topics where the Enchanted Tiki Room is being discussed? Visit Critiki's Enchanted Tiki Room entry and click "View discussions about this location at Tiki Central" to see the relevant topics. Thanks to Humu's help and collaboration with this one.

~Hanford

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-05-30 18:09 ]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-06-26 13:33 ]

Nice work! very cool additions. I shutter at the thought of what you and Humu are capable of devising with those steel trap minds of y'alls.

Chongolio

So Hanford, you know alot about this cyberspace stuff?

Is there anyway you can, like, allow me to search for any TC member that had like negative thoughts about Bong?

(Please note, I would only want screens of such a search in increments NO larger than 500 TC members at a time)

On 2005-05-30 19:26, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Is there anyway you can, like, allow me to search for any TC member that had like negative thoughts about Bong?

I believe the feature you're looking for is "view all".

:wink:

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2005-05-30 19:29 ]

Great enhancements, Hanford. Thanks.

I was always bothered by being taken back to the first page when adding a post, but you know me - it's unusual for me to complain about anything.

Tiki-bot

[ Edited by: Tiki-bot on 2005-05-30 22:27 ]

Ha! In my edit to my reply above, I noticed that it still takes you back to the first page when editing a post, not the last.

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 31, 2005 4:04 AM

cool ideas.

T

On 2005-05-26 16:28, hanford_lemoore wrote:

[*]When browsing a forum, topics with multiple pages will have links to their last three pages displayed, rather than their first three. [list]

~Hanford

Can you also make it work this way for postings listed on the "view new posts across all forums" page?

Pages: 1 18 replies