Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Look what came in the mail!

Pages: 1 7 replies

So I go out to the mailbox yesterday to collect my usual junkmail and bills. But this time there was a large envelope inside the box with an Australian address. There's only one person I know from Australia, Hewey! Imagine my delight when I opened the envelope to find this:

I was so happy! This is not a copy, this is the real thing. And he just sent it to be nice. Big mahalo Hewey! How weird too that it came the day before my birthday. What a great way to kick off the weekend. This is going to look great on my tiki bar wall when it's done.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
:D :D :D

H
hewey posted on Fri, May 27, 2005 6:55 AM

Happy Birthday mate, glad you liked it! I wanted to find out how it would survive the trip and I already had your address. Also, you wanted the "tiki delivery service" to stop by...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it is actually a copy. The original one had a "tiki bus" plate. I covered the original plate and copied it, putting Finkdaddy there (you will notice this is slightly darker). I gave her a good grillin for that weathered look, and then tore the edges off. The black base was to support it as much as a background. Size of the black backing is just under A4 size.

It's all good, copy or no. Boy, when you look closely it still doesn't look like a copy, good job. Thanks again. I love this place!

K
kirby posted on Fri, May 27, 2005 7:44 AM

I amazes me how kind and generous people are here on tc. good on ya hewey and happy b day finkdaddy...kirby

Another random act of tiki.
Birthday MM and way to go Hewey.

nice guy that Hewey. A kindly chap

On 2005-05-27 07:44, kirby wrote:
I amazes me how kind and generous people are here on tc.

Why, thank you. Now stop, please... you're embarassing me.

Happy Birthday Finkdaddy...and nice drawing
Hewey....

Pages: 1 7 replies