Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

tiki drinks and garage sales

Pages: 1 3 replies

So this weekend is my neighborhood's city wide garage sale weekend (Aurora, Illinois). I had a few free hours today so I was off looking for tiki treasures. As I was driving by one house, I notices thatching, then bamboo, then... a tiki bar set up in this guys front lawn. I immediately pulled over to investigate. It was a kiosk style tiki bar set up selling fruit smoothies. The company was called "Maui Wowi" and the vendor explained that he sets up during festivals, concerts, etc.. They had three sizes of smoothies: small, medium, and tiki. Of course I ordered the tiki size and it came in a big plastic tiki mug, much like the ones I have seen at Party City. The drink even came with a little umbrella.

Nothing better than garage saling with a big tiki drink in hand.

and no... he did not have any rum but I did!

tj

Note to self: Always pack your own rum. Did you find anything tiki-ish?

I think this is a national chain, I kind of remember seeing them at a big summer concert a few years ago in Mountain View CA, I remember getting one, and it being pretty yummy. I also remember there being a rave tent with really loud music and feeling really old, because it was too loud. damn kids.

On 2005-05-28 14:52, Raffertiki wrote:
Note to self: Always pack your own rum. Did you find anything tiki-ish?

I did find a pretty cool bamboo end table. Perfect for my tiki bar in progress.

tj

Pages: 1 3 replies