Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

A Big Daddy Roth Surfite model kit

Pages: 1 9 replies

This was a must have, as soon as I saw it... Reissued in 1993- never opened.

Would it be a major deal opening it? I'm slightly tempted...

On 2005-05-29 06:09, Capt'n Skully wrote:
Would it be a major deal opening it? I'm slightly tempted...

Open it up and put it together!
I did. Amazing, I had a lot more patience when I was a kid, putting these things together.
It's the originals (1965) that are sought after. The Ebay seller seems to have a steady stream of these.

I would open it up and build it because it is a reissue model. Save the box top and put it in a frame. Thanks Unga Bunga for posting the real Surfite. The surfite was built on a classic MINI chassis. Who is the guy with the surf board beside rat fink, he doesn't look like Murphy to me?

Cool- thanks.

Classic box art. It's definitely getting framed... I got the Outlaw model, too.

That dude's lookin' a little Monopoly like.... ?

Surfs UP! :)

Aarrrgh!!
-Skully

[ Edited by: Capt'n Skully on 2005-05-31 19:54 ]

Since you are going to open it up- you might as well build it and Post Pictures too!! We like pic's..
Later,
Spermy

Will do :)

Well, I tried......

Once I realised how complex it actually was, it went back in the box. A friend of mine who spent his childhood making model planes took it out a couple of years ago thinking he'd come to my rescue, but took one look at it and put it straight back.

Trader Woody

Right on Skully - Jump on in there and put it together! I did the same thing with a Rat Fink model a freind from back east sent me for Christmas a few years ago. When he came out here and saw the completed model he was blown away. I especially Like the Roth cars, I buit the Outlaw, the Mysterion, the Beatnik Bandit and a whole bunch of those cartoonish monster rod models in my teenage days.

A

man, I had a bunch of ratfink stuff as a kid, built the models, spent hours modifying the already modified... spent almost all my paper route money on these things. My dad loved 'em, mom hated 'em. Found out four years ago that she threw 'em all away. Ouch!

Go ahead and build it... it's better than work!

I broke down and picked up the Outlaw, and hope to soon have the Mysterion as well.

ROTH kicks ass. nuff said.

Pages: 1 9 replies