Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My First Tiki Chair

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hi all... This is first shot at a tiki chair. I wanted to make something that would look good next to the tiki bar. Let me know what you think

Johnny Mac

K
kirby posted on Sun, May 29, 2005 6:29 PM

i think its sweet, is it painted with an air brush?...kirby

S

Sweeeeeetttt!!! Nice looking chair!

T

Looks great! Margaritaville has chairs like that... Always thought they were nice!

Yes....I air brushed it and also did some hand painting for the detail work. I saw the chairs on the margaritaville site and I was not impressed with the art work or the $400 price tag so I figured I try my own design.

H
hewey posted on Mon, May 30, 2005 2:35 AM

Nice, but one problem - only one chair! Where are you gonna sit when I come over! :)

F

Nice Stuf how long have u been airbrushing?

neat chair! two things I learned when airbrushing:
a)friskit is evil
b)wear a face mask or you will have technicolor snot.

P
Peel posted on Mon, May 30, 2005 2:00 PM

Awsome paint job, what kind of gun and paint?

Thanks for the feedback. I've been airbrushing for 20 years. I use a Paasche VL3. I know there are better airbrushes out there but pound for pound nothing holds up like a Paasche VL. I've been using Createx paints for about 15 years. I swear by them. I never use a frisket, it all free hand with the exception of a torn piece of cardboard here and there. After the paint job is done, I coat it with five coats of clear. I'll try and post some of my other works shortly. Johnny Mac

Pages: 1 9 replies