Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

(Tiki Secret)

Pages: 1 22 replies

At Al & Shelly's carving gig this weekend, I finally became aware that a friend of mine is a very talented tiki and hawaiiana artist.

I saw a number of his creations and was more and more impressed with each one.

He's a modest guy, and will probably never speak to me after bustin' out this secret, but Polynesian Pop is da man!

I expect to see his creations become a main staple in the tiki world, and we can say we knew him way back when....

Keep you eye out for Kapu Creations.

Yeah, I 'll second that. I got to check out Pop's stuff at Oasis, All of it really cool. I was going to pick up a wall hanging but couldn't find him on Sunday.
I bet you guys all had a blast this last weekend.
Wish i could of made that scene, but i will be on in Hawaii this Wednesday so that will kinda makes up it.

Chongolio

yep. poly pop's stuff i very cool! here is a sign he did.

all the stuff he had at oasis rocked!

Pop Rocks!
Been a fan of the man for some time.
Became a fan of his work at Oasis as well.
Will hope to be bartering for some Popart in the near future.

B

OK Pop, Fess up. Where's it at, Show us the goods. We really, Really, REALLY want to see it so we can shower you with the good stuff. Come on out?

Not only is Poly Pop a good carver/artist he is a nice guy as well. He showed me some great carving tips and is very encouraging. I can't wait to see more of his work in the future!!!

It runs in the family, lets not forget about his lovely sister who can make the birds jealous with her enchanted warbles.

Chongolio

p.s. Pop has a great sense of humor too :D

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

Where do I know her from?

Yikes! Who the hell is THAT?!

Guys, thanks so much for the nice words. I'm really truly flattered when anyone digs my humble attempts at art and truly grateful for the positive comments --

Bong, thanks for the comps bud. I really appreciate the props. Next drink is on me...

**Poly-Pop ***

He who dies with the most broken mugs WINS!

[ Edited by: polynesianpop on 2005-05-30 19:36 ]

true dat

Great! Poly Pop, take a bunch on the plane to Seattle so you can show us.

P.S. Your sister is HOT! Is she single?

Let's check it out brother!!!

start the posts!

R

On 2005-05-30 15:38, The Sperm Whale wrote:
Not only is Poly Pop a good carver/artist he is a nice guy as well.

I second what Spermy said. Poly Pop is great. Meeting him first at the Tiki Ti, he was very open and friendly. After seeing him again at the Oasis and actually seeing his work, I was in awe of his skills. I am very happy so say that I am a proud owner of one of his wall masks.

S

We met Poly Pop at the carving party (we missed so many of the venders at Oasis). We had a really interesting conversation (far too brief) about sense of place and Tiki artifacts getting increasingly divorced from sense of place, and advertising art. Just another fine example of what makes Tiki Central and Tiki Centralites so facinating.

The wealth of knowledge that today's artists are bringing to their work is really wonderful. All this and TALENT too!

(Yeah, I'll admit, his wonderful Bumatay style pannel, based on this little fellow from the Islander in Stockton-

just HAD to go home with us. It's going to get lots of love and a place of honor in the LotSP!)

I agree with all of the above.
Good to meet you poly-pop

You guys are too much! Thanks for all the kinds words - I am truly grateful. :blush:

On 2005-05-31 19:38, Polynesiac wrote:
Let's check it out brother!!!

start the posts!

I second the motion!

Hey Poly-Pop. That is some fine work! I "third" the motion!

Yeah Man - break us off!!!

Ahh, now I remember where I know her from. The Budget Inn, Ft. Lauderdale. I lost my wallet there. The Bitch. Guys, don't let her good looks fool you.

To appreciate beauty is to live in bliss!

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2005-06-02 21:44 ]

How can you talk about a guy's sister like that?? :) What'd she do - pick your pocket?? Somebody please post a picture of this lady....

Sorry Sam, but it's a Tiki Secret.

Hey Pop, you're work is pretty damn good.

But you're sister.....well, ....after Hurricane Jeanne, the Budget Inn and her, I was all shook up.
Somebody buy me a drink and I'll shutup.

bump

just to keep the idea fresh in your mind

not the ideas about your hot sister...about the artwork!

"Hey, at least I'm housebroken."

[ Edited by: Polynesiac on 2005-06-26 10:11 ]

Pages: 1 22 replies