Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

One of my favorite mugs

Pages: 1 2 replies

L

My Mom has her pens and paint brushes in this guy! This is one of the mugs she won't give me until she dies-then she say's it's mine. I remember my parents taking us kids to the Kono Hawaii often-in matching Hawaiian print outfits. My oldest sister had her wedding reception there. I also remember almost killing one of the Koi, in the streams that flowed through the restaurant, when I shot my chopstick in the water. Koi will try to eat anything.
I love the modern lines. It's already beyond my price range (I'll have to wait) So bid away!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=727219989

M

She keeps her brushes in it? Oh, the sacrilege! :o

I am sure there are many, $100 on ebay, mugs out there now being utilized in similar manners. I recall bidding onthat mug last year on Ebay, went for $36. Just a few weeks ago...$200+.

It's a great mug, so different. I too shall be watching from the sidelines, too rich for moi!

midnite

L
laney posted on Sun, Oct 27, 2002 5:30 PM

Today I went to my Mom's house and removed the brushes, pens, etc. that have been in there as long as I can remember and put it with some of her other mugs. I gave her one of my .99 plastic tikis. My Dad got a kick out of how much it was on ebay. They said "if only we knew, we could have had cases of those things" Well...Hind sight is 20/20! Looking for another brush holder I found a half full bottle of Trader Vic's grenadine syrup with the topless hula girl on it. That'll be mine too!

Pages: 1 2 replies