Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Edmontiki, Alberta. Population: 1

Pages: 1 16 replies

Farewell and aloha, Tiki A. Moaikingbird. Now I have all the tiki thrifting in this town to myself again, ha ha HA HA HAHAHAHAH!!!! Look out Slacks and Rodeotiki - you just got more competition for the elusive Calgarytiki.

-Sweet Daddy T.
Because crap doesn't buy itself.

[ Edited by: Sweet Daddy Tiki on 2005-05-30 15:31 ]

We welcome our brother back . Its about time he came around and figure that Calgary is much better...

Oh no ,did I start something.

Just the facts, Rodeo, just the facts!

Hardy Har!

Welcome back Tiki A. Mockingbird!

I

make that 2 ...
I also have eyes for the tiki!
Pick em up whenever I can ,usually find coco joes and the odd mug.
HERE'S a TIP !
the salvation army/goodwill on 111 ave and about 143st (?) has 4 thick bamboo chairs that are in great shape it that helps.....
keep me in mind on your search and I'll do the same ...( what are you looking for ?)

Actually, there are now 5 tc-ers in Edmonton to my knowledge, which must be a historical high, although we will be losing lavacakes to Ottawa as soon as her house is sold.

SDT: when is the First Annual Canukian Tiki Home Bar Crawl? i heard you're in charge!

I'll gladly take charge just as soon as I find someone in Canada with a home tiki bar. I plan to have one someday - I think Slacks is close to finishing his (any year now).

ya that's a no on the home bar for me too ....someday , a friend of mine has some idea that he's gonna build one that's semi portable so he can cart is around ......could be an idea ,I have a great back yard ( lots of overgrown bushes/trees/grass lol) I would be into playing host ...maybe in the spring?

Well, last 2 days have been great for treasures in the city...I have found a total of four pieces of " lava" ,that is 2 tikis an ashtray/pipe tray and a king statue!and 2 Kava craft mugs ( not that exciting but Hawaiian none the less)both with different names...
I wonder what happens to these things if nobody buys them ?
anybody else get luck in Edmonton?

Brandomoai and I post our finds semi-frequently in "Tiki Finds" in the Collecting Tiki forum.

I saw those bamboo chairs but they weren't very sturdy. Great looking, though! My home "tiki bar" is an area of about 16 square feet, so I probably won't be hosting any tiki crawls just yet. I figure I'm about a year away from having a functional basement tiki bar. So mark that in yer calenders, folks!

I

did you notice that the chairs are now 29.99 for the set of 4 !
that may grease the wheel ....may end up buying them and leaving them in the back yard around the fire pit ....

T

ok ....changed my name , dont know how to erase the old one (was IGNITERS) now TIKIVILLE!

A HEADS UP TO ALBERTA!thats you too CALGARY !
Deluxe in Edmonton 8116 Gateway Blvd is now stocking TIKI from Fuzzy Dude!
that is resin and wood TIKIS ranging from 7 to 17 inches in size !

As well as TIKI ART 1 , 2 and 3 ! TIKI MODERN! TIKI QUEST! and a couple prints with TIKIs on em from TANK and Tysom Mcadoo!
We are also a long time retailer of all the TIKI FARM aloha you can drink out of !
with Holden sending us all the limited editions he can!

When your near whyte avenue stop in ! when your in Edmonton STOP IN !
just doin what we can to spread the MAHALO around!

I'll have to check that store out next time I'm in Edmonton.

Oh..and SDT...the Kanaloa Lounge is getting closer to completion each day...(but don't hold yr breath)...

Hey just found this old ad ....
could there have been a 3rd TIKI house in little ol' EDMONTIKI?

Pages: 1 16 replies