Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

No... this can't be happening... wake me up

Pages: 1 34 replies

P

Yeah Bong,
I know what you're thinking.
But I forg... uhhh... took this snapshot as a "proof."

I will slurp away your precious Tiki Ti like a thirsty kid downing a Sunny Delight.
I will drain the Purple Orchid.
I will make the Lucky Tiki wish they'd bought Enron stock instead.

Dr. Z - the Castaway Lounge will be destroyed.
Bong - your hut is now mine.

I'm very happy to be visiting and hope that I can meet as many of my CA ohana as possible.

Will strum for rum.
June 20 - 27th.

King Kukulele:
I want to see a Tiki Taix.

oboyoboyoboyoboy.
Aloha.

[ Edited by: pablus on 2005-06-15 09:17 ]

H

I don't know whether to be thrilled, or terrified.

I wish I could greet you at the airport with a lei in hand, but I'll be out of the state until Wednesday. I'll try to be back in time to catch as much of the destruc..., er, celebration as possible.

Ha! Pervfect timing Paby! We'll be in Hawaii!!! Enjoy so cal without us!!! Arrrrrrrrrr!!!!

P

Humuhumu,
Have you been practicing that uke?

Can't wait to see you again, kaikaina.

P

Bummer to miss you buddy.
But...
I've got another trip that will take me through LA on the way to the Philippines later this summer.

And probably one more in September.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

You'll be able to fit this in carry on for your ride home right? Pablus commissioned this 6 foot tall Marquesan Tiki on the right! How the hell are you gonna get this home? It's like 3 feet wide on top.

Tony, that's gorgeous! I love it! It's very impressive how you've managed to keep it traditional, while still imparting your own unmistakable style to it -- and even more impressive that your style has translated so seamlessly to such a honkin' big piece. Hat's off! Whew! Lovely.

H

Nice rabbit. Tikitony please read your PM.

P

When I commissioned this incredible Tiki from Tiki ToNy, he drew up a couple of samples and I finally decided on "something Marquesian."

He took it from there and this is what you get when you let an artist do they thang.

He will be "The Guardian of The Lagoon," whenever I get him here.

If I can threaten Tony enough, he may be using this as a template for a new mug.

Can't wait to see it in person.
Maybe I'll buy him a ticket to fly back with me.

I'm going to link this over in creating tiki.
THanks TOnY. You are "bringing the funk," as Rev. B. Ben would preach.

A

Pablus,
I'm looking forward to your visit, see you when you get here.
Mahalo,
Al

That's a Tiki Tony Orgasm!
Geat job Tony.
Pablus, I guess I'll just have to wait to meet you at Hukilau.
Have a great trip.

(I won't believe this until I see the red of his eyes)

P

Bad news for the CA ohana.
I'm still planning on coming and looking forward to it.

I'll be at Tiki Ti on Wednesday, June 22nd.
I'd like to visit the Purple Orchid on that Saturday night.
Lucky Tiki as well.

Other than that and few attorney (sorry for the curse word Hanford) meetings I'm loose.

Pablus,
Rebecca and I would like to see you at the PO. Let us know when you are going to be there. You can post or call (310) 384-8636.

Pablus--
I would also like to see you at the PO--Please post/PM or have Dave&Rebecca give me a call so I know when you'll be there.

Thanks! Hope to see you soon!
--DT

P

One of my sarcastic nephews calls me Braddah Iz'nt.

Here we go again.
For the most horrible of reasons, I'm staying here in Florida.

All of you know that I'm a tad overweight. Just a smidgen. A teeny little hundred and sixty pounds too heavy for my frame.

I never have minded the obvious drawbacks of such a state - but my stupid heart and circulatory system don't agree. Imagine that.

I was put on BP meds last week for the first time in my life and a new diet that MUST be followed am I to live any kind of the mobile, happy life I've been used to up to this point.

And no drinking.

Me. No drinking... until I get all of this under control. How long that will be is mostly up to me.

No airplanes either until July.

It's been 11 days now since my last sip of sweeeeeeetttttt nectarrrrrrrrr. I've lost enough weight to get into some cool Aloha shirts I had - ahem - outgrown.

Find me a long board, Bong. When I get there - if I ever do - I'll be a svelte action figure of my former self and ready to learn.

On a brighter note. I'm incredibly glad to be alive because a month ago I wasn't so sure I would be at this point.

Here's a little ditty I've been working on with The Crazed Mugs to lighten the mood and remind you of one of the reasons you're all so important to this beeg mon.

This one is dedicated to the collectors - it's just a practice version so don't judge the performance or recording too harshly.

http://www.mediacentraltampa.com/crazedmugs/My%20Mug%20Collection.mp3

H

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear you won't be making it, pablus -- Hanford & I even scheduled our flight back from visiting my Mom in Oregon to be sure we could be at Tiki-Ti in time to see you. I am, however, very glad to hear that you're alive. And that when I do get to see you, you'll be mobile & happy. New diet & no drinkin' sounds like it has the potential to be a drag, but I'm sure you'll find a way to make it fun.

O

That is one kick ass tune...great job..sorry that the trip was cancled,but there we always be another time..keep us posted on that music,and would love what you talked about for the party,you will be missed..

P

Keep it up, Brah!! Life is sweet - and some (too many) I have known over the years do not get the "warning shot" that you and I got! I'm maintaining a 120-lbs. weight-loss (which is more of a challenge, on a daily basis, than taking it off EVER was!) BP now a steady 120/70, off the meds....and loving life with my wife, my friends, my parish and my tiki ohana! We need you around - so - do what the docs say. Tiki Ti ain't going anywhere! Short hugs are better than long eulogies! Aloha!!

And your song ROCKS!!

[ Edited by: PapeToaTane on 2005-06-15 10:39 ]

pablus - your song is awesome! Best of luck with the new routine.

with all these double post, maybe I should quit drinking too!

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2005-06-15 19:59 ]

Pablus, that tune was excellent! What a drag about your trip and more importantly your health. Stay on the path and keep your health. Your music will help you through. The world can't aford to lose a uke player with your style.
We will tip a glass of carrot juice in a tiki mug one of these days!
Chongolio

Pablus - the song is great! I'm joining you on the wagon train for a while, (baby has enough cards stacked against him with me and tiki-bot as parents, eh? :wink: ) BUT, you know, there's nothing better than a virgin painkiller every once in while to whisk you off to the isles! Hang in there, I'll raise a mug of pineapple juice to your health!

mrs. p

H

The song is UTTERLY FANTASTIC and I urge you all to listen to it right now. No, really. Turn your speakers on and do it. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be shocked, you'll dance, you'll swoon. And you'll want a Mai Tai.

"..and fresh mint!"

Amen.

Great Stuff - Pablus!!!
I look forward to meeting you in the future!!
Later,
Spermy

Hang in there bro. Stick with the Doc's advice and you'll be right as rain in no time. I've been fighting the battle of high blood sugar for a few years and have to lay off the sauce every now and then. It's for a good cause - my health. At least you're stuck in Florida and that ain't all bad.
KG

M

Get well soon, Mr. P. We're thinkin' about ya.

I

Having met Pablus for the first time in my life this Past January, and meeting him a few months later when he came to DC, I can honestly say that he is one of the friendliest people I have met from Tiki Central.

I was honored that I was able to share in many drinks with you, Pablus, but even more treasured than those memories is the thought of hanging out with you and other Tiki Central folk at some future gathering. And if that means that one or both of us will not have a potent drink in our hands, it will still be time very well spent.

We may be in a subculture that accepts drinking tropical concotions as one of its pleasures, but there are plenty of other areas of this subculture that give pleasure too - like buying tikis, and carving tikis, and decorating your home in tikis, and providing wonderful ukulele music, and there are many more.

Keep practicing that ukulele - your body may be big, but the music that comes from your fingertips gives pleasure to us all.

Vern

a ole pilikia braddah Pab!

Your health is what matters now. I know, it does suck to have to drop weight and change your lifestyle. But it can be done.

It sounds too cliche for even anti-multi-media Bong, but 'JUST DO IT'. It gets easier with time, but it eventually becomes a part of you, just like anything else.

Your new tune you emailed me was awesome.

(But as soon as you're good to go, get out here so I can wreck you.)

P

Thanks ohana.
I can honestly feel the good vibes as I read your posts.

This spate of sobriety has fostered some seriously cool memories returning to me from different events and fun times here at the Lagoon Lounge. Your enthusiasm fills me with a lot of hope about more good times - whether loaded or straight - for the future.

I'll not drink an entire menu's worth of drinks again, however. I think something snapped that night at Hale Tiki. Therefore, I have to sue Basement Kahuna.

:wink:

T

Dude, your tune kicks ace! I love the pick up towards the end, and the punk-ish ending! You're packin' a lot of heat with that song Pablus! You're personality really comes out in that song, keep 'em coming! How about a Tiki tOny illustration for your cover of your next album?... and matching mug? Well, turn to the uke when you feal the lava libations flowing! Good luck, your TC family is behind ya!

B

That is some Beautiful Tiki! I Want it

C'mon...suing me is like people suing the gun industry because they Barney Fifed themselves.. :) But from a blood out of a turnip standpoint... Hey, my brother...I wish you well. I have been downing a lot less lately as well. Every time it happens my liver screams "No, more, sir, I'm 34 going on 70!" where it used to always obey when I'd tell it to "assume the position" and say "thank you, sir, may I have another..." You are one of the true gifts of this community, Paul, and I have never had a dull moment hanging out with you. Do as the doc says, my friend. You'll be here for a long, long time.

Pages: 1 34 replies