Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Martin Denny's Exotica--- Stereo Label Question

Pages: 1 4 replies

I have a stereo copy of Exotica up on ebay. The records label says it is EXOTICA VOL II
But the track listing matches Exotica. Is this a weird misprint?

Sorry if I should know this arcane wisdom. I think I used to know the answer, but I'm gettin old and anything that is more than a few years old in my brain is begining to put into the shredder.

I want to make sure I'm not misrepresenting the album. Or missing out on having something that might be a little rarer.

Any info is of help.

Thanks.

T

You'll have to listen to the songs to figure out which record you have.

Could be the right record in the wrong sleeve, or the right record and sleeve wth the wrong label slapped on to it.

Slapping the wrong label onto a piece of vinyl is/was a common mistake.

Not particularly valuable, but an interesting curiosity.

This sort of thing has been going on for years.

I have a CD that is supposedly Secrets of the Beehive by David Sylvian. The CD booklet, tray insert, and even the printing on the disc are all SOTB. But when you play the disc? It is MONTY PYTHON music!

A hilarious screw up by the pressing plant.

Yeah the oddest thing is it says exotica volume two, but it lists the proper tracks for exotica on the label.

I have a CD that is supposedly Secrets of the Beehive by David Sylvian. The CD booklet, tray insert, and even the printing on the disc are all SOTB. But when you play the disc? It is MONTY PYTHON music!

What a shock to the system! Expecting "Orpheus" and getting "Sit On My Face!" That's too funny...

Agreed from another "Orpheus" fan.

movie mixups tend to be a lot of fun as well....

Pages: 1 4 replies