Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Anyone to stupid to live will find a way to kill themselves

Pages: 1 8 replies

The head of a Cambodian Midget Fighting Leauge put out the challenge that his team of 42 midget fighters could take on any man or beast. Someone called them on their claim and challenged them to take on a single African lion. the Cambodian government allowed this match to happen. The match had to be stopped after 12 minutes, 28 of teh midgets were declared dead and 14 more sufferred serious injuries and lost limbs.

http://www.newturfers.com/mwf/attach/38/355838/BBCNEWSWorldLionMutilates42MidgetsinCambodianRing-Fight.htm

B

May 10, 2005
Urban Legends and Folklore Blog Archives
« May 09, 2005 | Main | May 12, 2005 »

From David Emery,
Your Guide to Urban Legends and Folklore.
FREE GIFT with Newsletter! Act Now!

Lion 42, Midgets 0
Answering the age-old question, "In a battle royal between 42 unarmed little people and an African lion, who would win?" a news story purportedly issued by the BBC took the Blogosphere by storm this past week by reporting that just such a face-off took place in Cambodia on April 30, leaving all 42 midgets dead or injured.

Come to find out (I'm shocked... shocked!), the story isn't true, nor did it originate from BBC News.

"If you haven't already guessed, the article is fake," writes the actual, anonymous author of the piece in an after-the-fact disclaimer. "It was created to 'settle' a dispute between a friend of mine [sic] in which he claimed that 40 weaponless midgets could defeat 1 lion in a hypothetical fight," the prankster explains. "The link to where the article was posted was not intended to spread outside of the initial group of guys in the argument, but as I was alerted it had been posted on collegehumor.com, fark.com, and several other web forums, it has spread far beyond that."

Oh damn, I totally bought it, that was a good one.

I think the last hoax I saw set up that well was one announcing that Rupert Murdoch was buying Al Jazeera.

T

I don't care if it's a fake. I still pray and cling to the belief that this is a true story.

I do so because I truly believe the world is without morals, hope and any chance of redemption.

I believe further that this story is true and will bring light to our barren world.

(or not, either way)

B

Hey Bong, you forgot to say, "send this to your ten closest friends and you will have good luck."

H

Fake?

What about the $100.00 bet I made?

Even though i know it fake I'm going to tell everybody the story like it was true, urban legends don't spread themselves, If somebody went to the effosrt of making up such a hummdinger of a story why should we stop its tranmision.

Z

Maybe the lion-wrasslin' little people can take on the Mexican Dwarf Bullfighters... one team will have to travel via a Cuban floating '49 Mercury, though.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050607/od_nm/bullfight_dwarfs_dc

Pages: 1 8 replies