Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Starting up

Pages: 1 13 replies

T
Towka posted on Thu, Jun 2, 2005 1:40 PM

I'm just starting in this bizz called tiki. A good friend got me started and now I'm hooked. I've been lookin at all the talent on Tiki Central, and you guys are great. I hope you guys will like my tikis as much as i like yours.

This is my first Tiki that i made.

It was ran over by a 300 pound man.

Its resting at home, back to its tiki like self, round. I would like to hear your feedback. What do you think about it having war paint?

Towka

[ Edited by: Towka on 2005-06-02 14:04 ]

How big or small is your tiki, say, in comparison to the 300 lb man? :)

T
Towka posted on Thu, Jun 2, 2005 5:57 PM

This tiki is 3in. tall. its not that good so try not to laugh. Good work to all of the TC people. This is my very first tiki.

![](C:\Documents and Settings\Max\My Documents\My Pictures\7c29) Towka

[ Edited by: towka on 2005-06-02 17:59 ]

B

It's not too bad for your first tiki. The main thing to do is jump right in and do another one and try to make it better than the first and then make the third better than the second. I have seen first tikis a Lot worse than yours.
What tools are you using and what kind of wood is it?
Thanks for sharing.

T
Towka posted on Thu, Jun 2, 2005 6:40 PM

benzar, my tiki is made from a cardboard wrap. I used my jack knife to carve it and just regular paints. I'll be sure to make the next one better, and out of real wood.

F

Nice start now go and get some splinters.

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Jun 2, 2005 9:32 PM

Towka, Mahalo Braddah

Welcome to TC and thats a good first tiki. Benzart knows all, so just watch him and you will learn a lot.

I think that war paint under and around the eyes would be a good thing or tiki god thing. Try that on your next one. :tiki:

Cheers

Not too bad for a cardboard wrap! I'll bet you could find a chunk of wood and give it hell! Thanks for posting.

http://www.samgambino.com

I thought it was a piece of wood. Now go get some wood and jump in
Welcome aboard

H
hewey posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2005 3:11 AM

Looks pretty cool for a lump of cardboard! Try some wood - you'll like it! (That doesn't sound pleasant does it)

Welcome to TC

M
McTiki posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2005 7:48 AM

Welcome Towka ! Cardboard? Thats a new one and pretty cool to introduce new medium on your first one! Stick around here and learn from the greatest on the planet. My first Tiki is now rotted into grass chow. (it was a queen palm) Take pics and post often.

Mahalo

T
Towka posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2005 12:29 PM

Thanks for the comments. Nextime I carve I'll use real wood, for now I'm making a picture. I'm not quite done but I'll post it as soon I'm finished.

Towka

[ Edited by: Towka on 2005-06-03 12:30 ]

O

Welcome to TC, keep the work coming.

OnoTiki

T

Keep carving like a mad man!!!! Only way to find a "feel" for it.

Pages: 1 13 replies