Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Bilge

Bad User Names on Tiki Central

Pages: 1 2 60 replies

I think this newbie read this thread before coming up with his name.

"Captain Kneepad Tiki"

Well done captain that puts you up there with Slacks Feret and Sabu the Coconut Boy in my book.

"Captain Kneepad Tiki" is a good example of tiki obsession while naming yourself. I mean, this new guy is probably a pretty cool cat, but was it really necessary to put "Tiki" in the name?

"Captain Kneepads" would have been cooler and funnier, IMO.

Honestly I hate to use someone as an example, I hate to single people out. But I've noticed alot of new members using tiki in the name and it flows pretty good, but some just don't. Just because it's a tiki board doesn't mean you HAVE to use the word tiki in your handle.

Names such as johntiki, Tiki_Chris, etc. work great together, but I just don't think "Captain Kneepad Tiki" flow well when I say it.

Ok now to poke fun at myself, well more my user name. I am a John, a John David to be exact. But I was called that because my father is John Sr. But my misspelling of the word "uncle", actually didn't come from my bad habit of misspelling. It came from a joke this guy I knew from a sci-fi club back in the day. And well it stuck, and I started using it to sign my art with. And thus the tale of Unkle John.

H

Captain Kneepads Tiki is not a new guy, it's an old user who created the profile as a joke. I'm not using fancy moderator technology here to determine that, you can see who it is if you go back and read his very first posts (where lots of folks were posting to hype themselves under alternate ids to poke fun at the sonofabeach situation):

On 2005-06-14 16:26, CaptainKneePads Tiki wrote:

If I could have bought that bar I would have bought it for my favorite TC'er The Sperm Whale. I would also like to give him some of my Authentic Hawiian Tiki Knee Pads!!

Keep it Real,

Knee Pads

Critiki - Hundreds of tiki bars, Polynesian restaurants, and other sites of interest to the tiki traveller, collector or urban archaeologist

UJ

AHHHH.. an alt-nic.

Humuhumu, check your myspace comments I sent ya a postcard.

Thank You for the props guys. For the record I am for real. I love my new TC ohana. I will be attending many TC functions when I get back to the mainland. I am currently working on my new line of "Chrome Authentic Hawaiian Tiki Kneepads" and will be unleashing them here first on TC. When you know what my line of work is you will figure out why the word TIKI is very important with my name. BTW, CaptainKneePads is my real name according to the courts of Hawaii...My mom (that played in Vixen) and my dad (that played in BANG TANGO) gave me my name. Anyway, I look forward to coming to the mainland..
Mahalo,
Kneepads
P.S. Hi Humuhumu :P

[ Edited by: CaptainKneePads Tiki on 2005-07-02 13:20 ]

[ Edited by: CaptainKneePads Tiki on 2005-07-02 13:21 ]

On 2005-07-02 12:57, Humuhumu wrote:
Captain Kneepads Tiki is not a new guy, it's an old user who created the profile as a joke.

Must be Tiki_Bong. That's who I usually think of when I hear the term "OLD USER" :P

On 2005-07-02 12:49, Unkle John wrote:
"Captain Kneepad Tiki" is a good example of tiki obsession while naming yourself. I mean, this new guy is probably a pretty cool cat, but was it really necessary to put "Tiki" in the name?

I was just about to post the same thing about the "Old Guard". It seems that not enough of you have Tiki in your name. I mean, doesn't Unkle John Tiki sound much better? It does to me. Besides, I think it is important for others to see just how tiki one is. I mean, look at Jack Blades of the band Night Ranger. Did you know that he was into Tiki? Probably not, but if he had called himself "Jack Blades Tiki" then you would. I only know because he bought some of my kneepads for the "Feeding Off The Mojo Tour" in 1995.

Anyway, it really doesn't matter to me. I have much love for all my TC OHANA (both tiki and non-tiki).
Kneepads

UJ

On 2005-07-02 14:56, CaptainKneePads Tiki wrote:
I mean, doesn't Unkle John Tiki sound much better?

Not really.

ARK! ARK! ARK!

J

You know, I meet women in the Tiki bar who can't figure out a good Tiki bar/TC name. Rather than just putting "Tiki" in front of your first name, here's some suggestions with an actual "historic" Exotica reference...

1. Hash-A-Mo-Tep, Queen of Kor
  2. Lota the Panther Girl
  3. Fah Lo Suee, Lady of the Si-Fan
  4. I am Tondelayo
  5. Amy Camus

I think they're good.

TM

On 2005-07-07 12:24, Tabu The Wonder Seal wrote:
ARK! ARK! ARK!

Ark ark yourself,...ya punchy-fuck! :)

Maybe we should bring this up again?

TM