Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The first of new Southeastern WI tiki opens...

Pages: 1 4 replies

The wahine and I were invited to a private dinner at one of the two new tiki themed establishments to open this summer in southeastern WI. I created two custom tikis for Kahuna's in Pewaukee Lake this past Spring and I got to see them in their home tonight. While not tiki in the traditional look, Kahuna's has bits and pieces of tiki and the whole restaurant is island themed. The bar has a bamboo and thatch decor and drinks are served in volcano bowls and tiki mugs.

I did not partake in alcohol tonight, but after viewing the menu saw a few drinks... some custom mixes and a few traditionals like Zombie and Mai Tai. Expect to pay between $7 and $9 for a drink... bowls I think were $20. As I said... I didn't taste them, but they may want to rethink prices... seem a tad high. Menus tonight were temporary... the finals are on their way for the opening which is Friday.

The food was excellent. I had fish tacos and my wahine had the tilapia. They come with a side of coconut rice and yummy vegies. There were many other selections with island flavor. For desert there were a few items to choose... among them the chocolate volcano... we opted for splitting the lighter raspberry sorbet.

Plans are this summer to have an outdoor deck overlooking Pewaukee Lake's beautiful sunsets as soon as the town approvals go through... should be done by July.

A nice place, as I said not hardcore tiki but worth a visit for lunch or dinner if you find yourself in the area.

Kahuna's is north of I 94 West to Madison, WI... exit Hwy SS and go north a mile or so... right off on your left.

A few pictures I took....

Bar area...

One of my tikis at the entrance...

Jen chillin in the tiki lounge...

Dining room...

My tiki fountain...

The mini BOT at home in the tiki lounge area...

Great stuff, Lake...

This should keep you busy carving with referrals. Got your business cards ready?

-Z

R

Very nice work Lake. You must be very proud.
Congrats again and thanks for the pics

K

Nice, Lake!

Hey, any chance they'd like to hire a Hawaiian hapa-haole trio from Florida to play the Monday or Tuesday following Exotica?

:D

We'll be in the area anyway. There didn't appear to be a place for music, though... maybe?

Please let us know! Thanks!

Any word on how the Kenosha place is coming along?

One of my close friends moved up there, and I've already hit him up for a place to sleep off what is bound to be a night of over imbibing!

Pages: 1 4 replies