Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

bonus exotica 2005 event!!!

Pages: 1 3 replies

greetings funseekers!!

this just in......the voodoo kings car club & the flying eyeballs are having their first annual voodoo eyeball reunion!! July 7th thru 10th!! at the holiday inn itasca, Ill.(irving park rd. and rt. 53) special room rates dial 630-773-2340. Vendors, live bands, legends of pinstriping, flame throwing cars, rockabilly and surf bands & more. It's a custom car extravaganza!! The cocktail preachers and reluctant aquanauts will be playing on friday, among other bands. The holiday inn is going to tiki out their bar and all for a surf event friday. Those of you looking to do something during the day or after the hala kahiki, must check this out. Also, this is a good opportunity to connect with local car clubs for those of you planning future events in the midwest that call for custom cars. for more info contact larry at 630-855-3541. I suggest renting a car as it's not far from chicago city limits, but far enough that you will need transportation or hook up with others going there....a must for all tiki/hotrod enthusiasts.

another event to coincide with exotica:

Those of you into rock-a-billy can check out Martyr's Monthly Big "C" Jamboree after trader vics on thursday the 7th of july. They are open til' 2 a.m. I believe, whereas the traders is only open till about 11-11:30. They are having a hawaiian theme that month to celebrate exotica 2005. check the link below. scroll around to the events calender and click on july 7th. you can find more info.....

http://www.bigcjamboree.com

BA

The Reluctant Aquanauts were scheduled to play at the Voodoo Eyeball Reunion on the 9th. However this has changed to the 8th so the original poster is now correct... We will be there on the 8th along with the Cocktail Preachers, and we aren't sure who the third band is yet.

just one more item to add for the big weekend...there is a fleamarket every sunday at rosemont, minutes from the airport. starts at 7 a.m. til about 1 or 2 p.m. Those with earlier flights out and unable to attend the chef shangri-la event may want to check it out...I have almost always found some sort of tiki item there among other collectables. I also want to clarify something here as it has come to my attention that certain individuals involved in the organization of exotica believe that I am trying to steer people away to these other events...nothing could be further from the truth...my only intention is to make folks from out of town aware of these things so that they can enjoy some other things about chicago in addition to the event.....you're all traveling this far so you may as well get the most bang for your buck...I know if i was going to an event out of state, I would love to have as much info about all the things going on as I would be pissed if I found out later I missed something I would have enjoyed...so sorry if it feels like I'm stepping on someones flip-flops.....

Pages: 1 3 replies